Fin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MySQL - Empty Databases?

26 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

When you run the DB setup, can you use WB and see that the tables are setup?  Try to put in some dummy data and see if it takes it via WB.  If it can, then you know the DB is working and data can be written to the DB.  It then comes back to issue #1 or  #3.  Really cannot be anything else left!

Also, jumping back to when you said this^ How would i put in dummy data, i know what you mean as i am slightly familiar with the sql language itself, but do you want me to insert the data in WB or elsewhere and Check in WB, thanks. Got kinda confused :$

Just use the exilesql.  You can use both, it will not hurt!  I think I used both myself.  Main one then the update one.

And yes, it is the exile config file you thought.

As an example, mine:

[exile]
Type = MySQL
Name = exile
Username = Exile
Password = xxxxx
IP = 192.168.1.150
Port = 3306
minSessions = 2
idleTime = 60
; Really should only use this if MySQL server is external. Also only for MySQL
compress = false
; Recommend you turn this on  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql-command-options.html#option_mysql_secure-auth
Secure Auth = true

Make SURE the CASE is CORRECT on ALL ITEMS for the name/passwords!

Also, use the ipconfig to ENSURE you have YOUR IP ADDRESS!   Or you can just use 127.0.0.1 which ALWAYS points to YOUR machine.

Advertisement

Just use WB and select the DB and then select a field and 'edit it'.  Play with it, it is easy to figure out.  I got it within 60 seconds...  ;)

4 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Just use the exilesql.  You can use both, it will not hurt!  I think I used both myself.  Main one then the update one.

Ok, so i should leave the upgrades alone?

5 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Or you can just use 127.0.0.1 which ALWAYS points to YOUR machine.

So if i set it to this (127.0.0.1) it will always work? 

6 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Type = MySQL
Name = exile
Username = Exile
Password = xxxxx
IP = 192.168.1.150
Port = 3306
minSessions = 2
idleTime = 60

Yeah mine looks the exact same! :( except the username is root.

Should i try creating a new user in WB?

9 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Ensure EVERYTHING has permissions to read/write to ALL OF THESE DIRECTORIES

Also how would i do this? Because i was actually having perms issues yesterday. This could be the issue!

Permissions?  I have no idea on how you do it on YOUR machine.  I have my server literally right next to me and I have full and complete control over it and everything on it.

Typically, you would start programs in the 'admin' mode.

See:  https://www.google.com/#q=starting+programs+in+administrator

You also have 'rights' in MySQL as well.  These need to be checked/verified - You're on own on this....

And, as I stated, I ran BOTH exile SQL scripts, because it is not clear what to run.  I ran the main one, then the update one.  Reason being, if it is not needed, nothing happens, so I said 'ok, I will do it'.  Is it required?  I do not know.  I know it will not hurt anything though.

I would not also use the 'root' user for stuff.  Same reason Microsoft recommends people not to use the Administrator account as their 'basic user' account.  Keep the root account clean and unused.  This account should be for basically emergencies only.

Create some other account like I did 'exile', then use it.  It helps to keep things 'separate' and 'safe'.

ip 127 is built into the network protocols of the OS.  Outside of malware, virus, or altering the HOST file, 127.0.0.1 will ALWAYS point to that machine.

You have three ip's you can use/test with:

#1 - Your external IP (Example:  202.159.741.22)

#2 - Your internal IP (Example:  192.168.1.59)

#3 - 127.0.0.1

Pinging 127.0.0.1 is a 'quick and dirty' test of the TCP/IP network stacks and protocols.  It can be done without any network connections of any sort.

Do note:  If Exile is on one server and MySQL is on another server, using the 127 will NOT work!  Depending on how these two computers are connected, you would have to use either #1 or #2.

Again, what is going on (most likely) is a setting is not configured properly.  Where is this?  Who knows.  It can be in MANY places.  The OS, MySQL, Exile, and the settings for all three of those.  There are just too many variables to say 'this is it'.

BUT, based on your 'stuck in the ground' comment, Exile is not 'speaking' to the My SQL server and TYPICALLY, this is a settings issue in the Exile file AND/OR you do not have the DB setup properly.

I would really recommend you reading some of the 'set up guides' that you can find on here.

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement