BetterDeadThanZed

What do you think this is?

Question

This has only just started for me since Arma 3 1.68. I have the latest graphics drivers. This doesn't happen on my Chernarus server, only on Tanoa. I'm thinking it looks like artifacting due to an overheating computer, but maybe someone else has seen this and has a solution or alternate idea?

You can see sometimes my player slides along. His legs stop moving and those trees going crazy...

2 answers to this question

It is definitely a texture related issue and could be similar to texture popping but i could not find anything online for you. It could be from:

1 - Overheating (but unlikely)
2 - Corruption with a graphic config file (such as a LOD file)
3 - Driver issues (even though its just tanoa causing the issue)

Have you tried rolling back your graphics driver to see if that resolves the issue? Try turning off any intensive graphics options one by one and see does it resolve it. Things like: AA, PPAA & AF, Ambient Occlusion, Shadows etc.

I saw similar things happen with the trees prior to 1.68. It would mostly occur if I was facing one direction and then looked off to the side; the trees in that direction would sort of load in a glitchy fashion. But it wouldn't keep happening as I was looking that direction.

Advertisement