Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnny82

Removal of Rad zone causes server crash

Question

I edited my mission.sqm and removed all class items with "ExileContaminatedZone", and then renumbered all the classItems to sequence again, then repacked my mission pbo. When i go to start the server i get an error saying "Arma 3 has stopped working", i close it and the server exits. I have also changed radiation from 1 to 0 in my config file. It definitely does not like me removing the "ExileContaminatedZone" class items. If i revert back to my backup mission.sqm the server boots normally. 

I am also wondering how to remove the rad zone circular marker on the map?

6 answers to this question

Unless you are familiar with how mission.sqm files work, don't try and do this manually. Take your mission folder (not the pbo) and place it in your Arma 3 user missions folder. Open the Arma 3 vanilla editor and open your mission. This will display all your icons, triggers, markers, ect. and you will be able to remove them with ease. Once you are done, save the mission and use the Unrap tool so you can read the new mission.sqm file.

Unrap tool:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411

If you don't see your mission.sqm file, use the drop down menu in your window explore and select "all".

Edited by Beowulfv
1 person likes this

And this works in conjunction with the mission pbo in the mpmissions folder does it? Pretty cool if it does. Do I need to repack the editied mission file into a pbo and then put back into mpmissions folder?

Advertisement

If you want to post your mission.sqm and server RPT files in pastebin links, I'll take a look at it.

1 person likes this

58 minutes ago, Johnny82 said:

And this works in conjunction with the mission pbo in the mpmissions folder does it? Pretty cool if it does. Do I need to repack the editied mission file into a pbo and then put back into mpmissions folder?

I'm not at home right now or I would post pictures of each steps. So I'll try and describe this the best I can thru text. Assuming you run Windows, you should have a Arma 3 folder in your Documents folder which holds your player profile folder. You are simply looking for the missions folder that all your custom created maps save to. You can figure out which folder by opening Arma vanilla editor and making a mission called FindMe or whatever name you want, then locate the folder it is saved in. You will throw your server mission.sqm in there so you can load it while you are in the editor. You do not need to restart the game, all this can be done in real time, and while you still have the editor open. Once you place it in the correct folder and you are able to load up your server map, you can simply add or delete any icons, triggers, markers, ect. as you wish. Once done you will save it and use the unrap tool to decode the new mission.sqm. That's it, you're done.

1 person likes this

Advertisement