Horse_Shoo

[SOLVED] Can't Unlock Vehicles

Question

Hey guys, anytime I go up to my car to unlock it, the menu pops up for half a second then disappears - after the first attempt it stops coming up.  I've been unable to open/unlock any vehicles, what should I do?

I've tried...
-game restart
-abort back to lobby
-resloting
-dying/suicide
-Removing all my items
-talking to a trader and then going back to my car
-buying another vehicle, only to have this problem when I want to unlock it again

Edited by Horse_Shoo
1 person likes this

26 answers to this question

I assume you are a player. Ask the admin of the server if other have also the problem. Could be infistar or "fix" related.

If not: Clear your local game cache files and try verifying arma. This is a alround fix for the most problems

I assume you are a player. Ask the admin of the server if other have also the problem. Could be infistar or "fix" related.

If not: Clear your local game cache files and try verifying arma. This is a alround fix for the most problems

I went ahead and cleared my cache and verified, still no luck.  I asked about it and I believe a mod in game told me it's buggy and to play around with it. 

Advertisement

Well it is not buggy afaik. Not on our server. Seems like they have some "fixes" that break functions i guess....

Alright I figured it out, I changed my presets back to clicking with the scroll button, and it works for me now.  I was clicking with left mouse/enter before which was causing the problem.  Thanks for the quick responses.

another 'fix' is to use the 'user key 1' instead of scroll wheel.  i personally have found this to be much greater in the menu popping up.  so you know, this is a known issue.

the 'rod sterling' user created patch for the server is supposed to address/fix this...

the 'rod sterling' user created patch for the server is supposed to address/fix this...

Serling, Serling. There's no T.

Also, no it doesn't fix this. This sounds like you might be running an old version of InfiSTAR.

1 person likes this

hahahaha...sorry about that!  didn't mean to be a dunder head by getting your name wrong!  ;)

thank you for the correction and thank you for the patch too!  we are running it and seems to be 'just peachy'!

:)

as far as the lock fix, i seem to remembered you put in some code to do 'something' with the lock pads...cannot go back now and look as it went bye-bye...  :(

Alright I figured it out, I changed my presets back to clicking with the scroll button, and it works for me now.  I was clicking with left mouse/enter before which was causing the problem.  Thanks for the quick responses.

how did you do this? game settings? or?

We noticed the same Problem, but it was only noticed after adding DMS AI-Missions, so maybe it should be related to DMS?

Advertisement