Chainsaw Squirrel

a3launcher + mods question

11 posts in this topic

Quick question .. if anyone can answer when adding a mod to server .. from a3launcher mods.. the mod is an unusable format .. you have to rename it .. Ive tried server variations, none work  -mod=@mod .. how do you know what a3launcher looks for to make sure the client has the mod ?
Im trying to add sabers fighters .. but it's not pulling the mod in the server list on the launcher.. I have it in the the startup correct as I have other mods the same and the server key is in the correct folder as well.
but no matter what I call it .. still don't show .. unless its just mod= @sf haven't tried that .. guess can't hurt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

The name of the folder makes no difference, it's the PBO files inside that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kuplion said:

The name of the folder makes no difference, it's the PBO files inside that matter.

With a3launcher, if your mod folder isn't a specific name, it won't let you add it. In the past, I've had to post on their forums, asking what the right folder name was that would be recognized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

With a3launcher, if your mod folder isn't a specific name, it won't let you add it. In the past, I've had to post on their forums, asking what the right folder name was that would be recognized.

I've never had any issues with that and I've renamed stuff. I think generally though, if you download the mod off of A3L it'll be correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kuplion said:

I've never had any issues with that and I've renamed stuff. I think generally though, if you download the mod off of A3L it'll be correct.

The OP is talking about his server not showing a mod on a3launcher. If the mod on your server isn't a specific name, it can't be added to a3launcher or it won't show the mod in the server listing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

The OP is talking about his server not showing a mod on a3launcher. If the mod on your server isn't a specific name, it can't be added to a3launcher or it won't show the mod in the server listing.

Yes and what I'm saying is that I've managed to rename folders in the past and have it still show up on A3L. A3L seems to only care about the contents of the folder, the PBOs and the meta.cpp, in my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the most part, I've experienced the same thing as kuplion.  I've renamed mod folders for years on four game servers with no problem.  A3Launcher would still recognize them as long as they were on A3Launcher regardless of what I called the folders.  But recently, I ran into two mods that I'm seeing the same thing as BDTZ.  They are "PLP Urban Packs Barriers and Fences" and "Arma 3 Custom Buildings - Original".   Prior to the A3 1.68 update I had them working but had to try many, many folder names before I stumbled on the exact combination that A3Launcher would accept.  And they had to have spaces in the folder names so I had to enclose my startup parameters with quotes.   But it did work.  But now with  1.68, A3Launcher no longer recognizes those folder names.   I've spent the last hour trying many different folder names but have yet to find one that works with the new Arma3 version.    When I first had this issue about a month ago (before 1.68), I had posted my problem on the A3Launcher support forum.  One person asked me to post my startup parameters, which I did.  But there has been no response at all.  Nothing, nada, zilch in nearly a month now.  It's aggravating having to figure it out by trial and error.

Edited by Bob_the_K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kuplion said:

Yes and what I'm saying is that I've managed to rename folders in the past and have it still show up on A3L. A3L seems to only care about the contents of the folder, the PBOs and the meta.cpp, in my experience.

In my experience, I added a mod and a3launcher's website said it was an unrecognized mod until I renamed the folder to what it wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.