Johnny82

Hosting 2 svrs from same ip

Question

I currently have dedi server 2012r2 running Tanoa in a vm. I want to spin up another vm to host altis. It's there a way to have both of the servers show seeing as they essentially will have the same external ip?

Do I need to change the steam and game port on the altis svr too or can both use the same ports, as they will have a different internal ip?

Last question was around copying the Tanoa vm and just changing the mission file to altis? Presumably I would then have to install all the mods from scratch?

17 answers to this question

Wilderness is correct

you just specify new port# for each server

in 10 IP increments

3202-2311 reserved for server 1, 2312-1221 for server 2 and so on and so forth.

I like to keep my rcon 4 ports diff than my game port

so 2302 for game port, 2303 steam query port, 2306 rcon port.

in your commandline just have 1st server with -port=2302
2nd port commandline -port=2312

2 people like this

I think you can use the same IP address but give each server a different port 2303, 2403, 2503 etc, ideally 10 apart to allow for rcon and steam ports etc

2 people like this

Advertisement
6 hours ago, Johnny82 said:

I currently have dedi server 2012r2 running Tanoa in a vm. I want to spin up another vm to host altis. It's there a way to have both of the servers show seeing as they essentially will have the same external ip?

Do I need to change the steam and game port on the altis svr too or can both use the same ports, as they will have a different internal ip?

Last question was around copying the Tanoa vm and just changing the mission file to altis? Presumably I would then have to install all the mods from scratch?

Sounds like you mean create a separate machine completely? "Spinning up" means to create a totally new virtual machine off of the hypervisor.

Are you simply wanting to create another server on the same WS2012R2 that you have, or do you mean what I asked above?

Thanks for answering. This is actually my forte'. In real life, this is what I do. Also, I currently have 3 servers running same "VM" and same IP with different ports.

the VM has specifically assigned cores in the hypervisor and in my command-line (/affinity 0xAA for instance) to prevent what everyone says about "exile does not like to run multiple instances on the same machine". I have quite a bit of over-head though.

VMIPs.png

If you want to build an entirely new VM on VMware or Hyper-V, then you'll need another IP address for the 2nd VM which you would need to statically assign.

Josh 

1 person likes this

i would NOT make a new vm.. just make a new folder.. change ports.

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, odizzzzle said:

i would NOT make a new vm.. just make a new folder.. change ports.

I totally agree here. Also, use a central mod folder to save on space. I found after installing the 3 on the same drive I was tight on space. Using one mod folder was the best thing I have done in a ling time.

Josh

2 people like this

agree..  lot of people dont know the can do -mod=C:\Mods\@Cup Vehicles;C:\Mods\@Exile; etc..

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the responses! Fantastic help everyone. If I just copy the server folder and make a new one I would still have the db problem where traders were on the map but there were no traders actually there and my character had the same gear on him as if I was playing on the Tanoa map. How do I get around this? Do I have to start a new db for altis?

Edited by Johnny82

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Johnny82 said:

Thanks for all the responses! Fantastic help everyone. If I just copy the server folder and make a new one I would still have the db problem where traders were on the map but there were no traders actually there and my character had the same gear on him as if I was playing on the Tanoa map. How do I get around this? Do I have to start a new db for altis?

What I do, is to export the DB  in workbench.

Then I Open the Exported file in Notepad++ and do a find replace "exile" with "exile_newmapname".

I then import the database using workbench 

Then I truncate all the data in the DB  tables.

I change my \@ExileServer\extdb-conf.ini file to make it say the new database name.

Here is what it looks like on my end.

dbview.png

Edited by GamersRoost
1 person likes this

I totally agree here. Also, use a central mod folder to save on space. I found after installing the 3 on the same drive I was tight on space. Using one mod folder was the best thing I have done in a ling time.

ah that's a neat trick, never thought of doing that, thanks for that 9_9

17 hours ago, GamersRoost said:

Josh

I use steam workshop and download all my mods to 1 location, then I create a link sym junction to each server folder, so they all share the same mod. and when steam workshop updates, then all servers are updated in 1 shot.

2 people like this

Advertisement