flyingdutchmen

[updated] Presistent Time And Weather Script.

15 posts in this topic

Persistent Time and Weather Script

Original work by MajorXAce!
Updated and Upgraded for all to enjoy!
and 64bit compatibility!

Since the thread owner MajorXAce has been afk since October 2016, i had approached DirtySanchez aka  =RAV=MusTanG from donkeypunch to help me get this running since nobody in the original thread seemed to have a working ( without malfunction ) version.

So basically what he did was making it work again to fill the db if empty and actually save the stuff to the db.

To quote:

[Removed] profileNameSpace usage
[Upgrade] New ini entry for checking known database id.
[Upgrade] Database checks in initServer.sqf for the configured PTWS_ID.
[Added] ptws_x64.ini for 64bit compatible servers

Little information:
Since MajorXAce no longer is gonna put any time into this script any future updates will be handled here.
MajorXAce will still allow merge requests so his github will stay up 2 date but support here please!

-Snip- No links to DP/his Github till he removes our copyrighted work.

Credits for update: DirtySanchez aka  =RAV=MusTanG from donkeypunch!
Credits for original work go to: MajorXAce And the ones that helped him get his script running!

You can find the original thread HERE

2 people like this

Advertisement

Host the download elsewhere. We don't support people who steal our work and rehost it. Removed the download link sorry for the inconvenience. 

2 hours ago, AFC~Gagi2~ said:

so what exactly did he steal?

He posted our exile mod server/client files up on his github. It breaks our license and we copyright our work. We have told him plenty of times to take it down but he doesn't listen. So we'll just DMCA it in the future when we have time.

Also if you notice on toadies most recent status. His Expoch up on steamworkshop is using reuploaded content from Toadie2k as well

well... he hasnt written anywhere that this is HIS work... did he?

also he hasnt released files which were not public already...

so its just a re-upload... its a fucking mirror... no stealing anything imho...

there will always be some guys who re-upload your stuff anywhere... you cant sue them all...

34 minutes ago, AFC~Gagi2~ said:

there will always be some guys who re-upload your stuff anywhere... you cant sue them all...

Do you EVER say anything nice?!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, AFC~Gagi2~ said:

you cant sue them all...

Nobody is suing anybody.... Just filing DMCA take-down requests.

You're probably now going to say "You can't DMCA them all..." try telling that to the 1,000's that have tried to put Exile on the steam workshop :)

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, AFC~Gagi2~ said:

He's breaking our license by reuploading the code. Sorry but that isn't allowed and we have DMCA'd everyone else. Until he removes it then someone can link his github here with the release of this script. Other than that its not happening. Also he took our scripts and put it in his shitty expoch addon. =RaV=Mustang aka DonkeyPunch aka Dirtysanchez can blow me

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, kuplion said:

Do you EVER say anything nice?!

not if it doesnt fit ^^

Spoiler

im a straight guy... i say what i mean and i mean what i say... deal with it.. i wont change that...

and no... im no ass-kisser just because cronyism is so much liked nowadays in every bigger community... no... just no...

if you know the game baldurs gate i remember a good scene there which could be taken as an example

you reach a tavern with your group of 6 when a drunk farmer named "marl" shouts out loud: leave you sons of bitches no one wants you here and starts attacking you

the crowd behind marl shouts: yeah marl... tell them... we dont want them here... whatever you say marl... (hype hype whoop whoop)

long story short: you kill marl instant with your crossbow (fully legit - he attacked you first) and the crowd mutes...

back to topic...

other mods based on exile like exile life for example use your files too to make their shit work more or less?

and these are highly hyped and overrated imho

so whats the difference?

Edited by AFC~Gagi2~

Advertisement