Chainsaw Squirrel

Help with a static mission planning

5 posts in this topic

@red_ned  I was going to use my own map edit for salt flats , and use the saltflats.sqf as a base for mission and adjust dms ai pos for it .. how do I place static gunners on top of towers, with a3xai I would place can or something for the static ai start positions around .. so they didn't all start at same location , would stay in groups .. not all join up in same spot as I've seen them do in DMS.. they tend to spawn and all run to same area. Id like to keep them more scattered .. here is a screen shot of location

saltflat_mission.jpg

1 hour ago, Chainsaw Squirrel said:

@red_ned  I was going to use my own map edit for salt flats , and use the saltflats.sqf as a base for mission and adjust dms ai pos for it .. how do I place static gunners on top of towers, with a3xai I would place can or something for the static ai start positions around .. so they didn't all start at same location , would stay in groups .. not all join up in same spot as I've seen them do in DMS.. they tend to spawn and all run to same area. Id like to keep them more scattered .. here is a screen shot of location

saltflat_mission.jpg

I've gone in to editor and placed an object on where I want to have the static gunners on top of towers, then got coordinates, x, y, z values of that object, then placed the coords I got under _staticGuns = section in saltflats mission file.

Advertisement

Thanks .. now if the damn mission would spawn .. have 4 other statics .. I keep killing off the missions hoping mine will spawn next lol

2 hours ago, Chainsaw Squirrel said:

Thanks .. now if the damn mission would spawn .. have 4 other statics .. I keep killing off the missions hoping mine will spawn next lol

I would say for your testing purpose, you might want to change config so it only spawns the specific mission you are wanting to have a look at, once you are pleased with your results, then revert the changes back so all your missions spawn.

if you have Infistar then you can trigger missions directly in the console (or if you log into admin and use Arma console)

[selectRandom DMS_BanditMissionTypesArray] call DMS_fnc_SpawnBanditMission; -> triggers random bandit mission
["saltflats"] call DMS_fnc_SpawnStaticMission; -> triggers specific static mission

You have to execute it on the server. You can also choose to spawn a specific mission. For example:
["thieves"] call DMS_fnc_SpawnBanditMission; -> triggers specific bandit mission

As with the static missions, they have to be defined in the config.

Advertisement