xactionbobx

[SOLVED] Rearming UAV/UGV - how do you do it?

Question

I'm running a dedicated (private, just for my group of friends) Exile 1.0.2 server without issue.  I've added the UAV and UGV to the aircraft trader, and I'm able to purchase and use them without issue (I followed this guide)

My question is specifically about how to rearm them?  On the Ababil-3 specifically, once I shoot all six missiles, I can't find a way to rearm the drone.  I've added a repair and rearm script outlined here

and it works very well for all "drivable" vehicles, just not for the Stomper (armed) and Ababil-3.  I believe the issue to be that since I'm not actually "in" the vehicle, I'm not presented the contextual mouse wheel options for a rearm.  The Stomper does present the contextual options if you get in as a passenger, but upon clicking, it gives the error "There must be no people in the vehicle", as it should, outlined in service_point_rearm.sqf.  I realize I could raise the variable amount, and potentially get around this, but that wouldn't help me on the Ababil-3, which doesn't have the ability to be entered, even as just a passenger.

Someone mentioned using an ammo truck - I've considered that, but I still face the issue of being able to raise the context menu by not being "in" the vehicle.

I've googled extensively for any tips on rearming Drones, and haven't come up with anything.  Hoping someone has overcome this issue and can offer some tips.

Thanks again for all of the great information!

Edited by xactionbobx

5 answers to this question

I was able to resolve this, by using the advice of @Beowulfv, and some great instructions from @Grimm.  Here is the fix, for anyone who's interested.  Thanks everyone!

So, it's the config.cpp from your mission .pbo.   I'm using altis, so it is my exile.altis.pbo

Here is what I have mine set like.  

This is for setting the rank and price......

Spoiler

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//Ammo Truck

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    class B_Truck_01_ammo_F                { quality = 4; price = 55000};

This is where I added it at to make it available in the trader......

Spoiler

class Trucks
    {
        name = "Trucks";
        icon = "a3\ui_f\data\gui\Rsc\RscDisplayArsenal\itemacc_ca.paa";
        items[] = 
        {
            "Exile_Car_Van_Black",
            "Exile_Car_Van_Box_Black",
            "Exile_Car_Van_Fuel_Black",
            "Exile_Car_Ural_Open_Worker",
            "Exile_Car_Ural_Covered_Worker",
            "Exile_Car_V3S_Covered",
            "Exile_Car_Zamak",
            "Exile_Car_Tempest",
            "Exile_Car_HEMMT",
            "Exile_Car_Ikarus_Blue",
            "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F",
            "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F",
            "B_Truck_01_ammo_F",       <----------You can see it here.  
            "B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F",
            "B_MBT_01_cannon_F",
            "O_MBT_02_cannon_F"            
        };
    };

Advertisement

I've added the rearm/repair script I mentioned above, and added the point to the strider (the strider is a mobile rearm/repair point).  I've verified that it works properly by rearming/repairing various vehicles and helicopters by pulling the strider up next to them, jumping into the vehicle that I want to rearm, and successfully rearming and repairing them.  The issue remains though, that I can't get into the UAV.  Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly - maybe I'm just missing the point? lol

Pull the ammo truck next to the Unmanned vehicle.   From there, gain control of the Unmanned vehicle using the UAV terminal, or whichever means you have of being able to control it.  It should start rearming automatically.  You just have to be in control/driving the vehicle you want to rearm.

On 5/10/2017 at 5:43 PM, Grimm said:

Pull the ammo truck next to the Unmanned vehicle.   From there, gain control of the Unmanned vehicle using the UAV terminal, or whichever means you have of being able to control it.  It should start rearming automatically.  You just have to be in control/driving the vehicle you want to rearm.

I'd like to add to this. We've found through trial and error that your player also has to be near the ammo truck for it to rearm, but not in it. For example, if I fly a drone in to rearm, and my player is 75m-100m away from the ammo truck, the drone will not rearm, it will just set there.  Once I walk over next to the ammo truck, without getting back into the truck OR taking control of the drone again, it begins rearming automatically.  It appears that your player, the ammo truck, and the drone you are rearming all have to be relatively close to each other for this to work.

Advertisement