byzoeiscool2

please make it so we can add it to our own discord server

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i dont see the point of limiting the discord bot to just the exile discord server. not everyone will be in your discord and it makes allot more sense to have to bot connected to the discord server from the server you are playing on. 

Edited by byzoeiscool2

No.

The point is, that the bot has zero server channel interaction. You can only whisper to it.

4 people like this

Advertisement

Catch me on Discord. The two of you.

^^
giphy.gif

3 people like this

Where would I seek help with this? I've tried registering my server (using 3 different codes provided by the process) and no luck.. Also, as stated above. Why is the bot proprietary to Exile discord?

6 hours ago, blk_zoms_matr said:

Why is the bot proprietary to Exile discord?

Better question. Why not?

why would something made by developers of a mod not be related to their discord and given out to every needy bastard lol

1 person likes this

There is literally no use to let the idle bot in random Discord servers. Join our Discord or do not use it. It is free to use for you. If joining our Discord is too much asked, then well, do not use it.

If we would allow the bot to idle in 4000 Discord channels, then it would crash our servers, as bots get ALL the chat happening on each server - wether they use it or not. Our servers are at the limit anyways, so this will just kill it.

No. Just no.

7 people like this

Or you could always make it open source on github or some other open source site and let user's contribute to it, that way it in your own words "Doesn't crash your servers" and makes it open for anyone to host it. I mean it is free yes, so why not, it makes complete sense to make it available with code for everyone to use and host. Limiting it to your own code is making it a idle work that in years to come might just make it completely useless, Because you don't have a community behind contributing to it. Just my 2 cents on the matter here, take it as a grain of salt.

Advertisement