byzoeiscool2

please make it so we can add it to our own discord server

12 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2017 at 9:32 PM, Alaura said:

Or you could always make it open source on github or some other open source site and let user's contribute to it, that way it in your own words "Doesn't crash your servers" and makes it open for anyone to host it. I mean it is free yes, so why not, it makes complete sense to make it available with code for everyone to use and host. Limiting it to your own code is making it a idle work that in years to come might just make it completely useless, Because you don't have a community behind contributing to it. Just my 2 cents on the matter here, take it as a grain of salt.

If you're on multiple community discord, I imagine this'd turn into a nightmare. You'd have to keep track of which bot you're using in general and make sure to not accidentally readd a server that's already dealt with by another bot. 

I also imagine it's down to the server stuff behind the scenes.

On 30.8.2017 at 10:32 PM, Alaura said:

you could always make it open source on github

That is not how it works. Our backend servers need to communicate with the bot and this only works if they are on the same server. Also, just because we offer a service for free, does not mean that we have to release the code of it for free, too :)

Advertisement