TroyT

AI Don't Attack Armed Striders

Question

Is there a way I can get AI to shoot at non-Exile Striders?  They'll shoot up the Exile Strider just fine. I want to keep the HMG Striders on the server but only if they'll be targets. As it now a player can roll up to a DMS mission with 4 static MGs and 12 bandits and never take a shot.

5 answers to this question

Easy solution to that.... give the DMS AI launchers.

That's how I solved that on my server anyway. Didn't take long for people to stop risking their expensive Striders, even with it being only about a 50% chance of launchers at the missions.

Advertisement

Yeah, I know.  I'm trying to balance it so that players have a challenge but aren't doomed.

Last explanation I had of this was that the way AI are programed they won't attack what they cant hurt based on values of the item.. ie.. infantry with 7.62 wont' shoot a tank.. I'm guessing the high armor value (though we know its penetrable) of the Strider causes this..

I like having mines at missions so players don't roll through and easily destroy missions.    Launchers is also good option, just a lot more painful if player loses everything.

Yeah, I know that they won't shoot what they can't damage, but the static MGs would wreck a Strider and they don't shoot either.

Advertisement