Leeston

vehicles etc respawning at traders i think due to ext db2.

Question

Hi all, I hope I have the right place for this post, I have been having issues reported that vehicles are respawning in the trader zones after restart. From what I can work out It's down to extdb2 issues. Please find PB here> https://pastebin.com/wV7mau5f

Unfortunately while I am ok with the server basics, this is beyond me at this point.

So I updated to "Lemon" (players and I love it) but ever since I have recieved the above errors. I can only presume down to my own fault. Please help if you can.

Also should add that we have always had the error (Arma load dll not found) but it as far as I know has not caused any issues before. I believe this is because our server host (GTXGaming) has blocked these files or locked them somehow from being uploaded to server through ftp. They do in fact show on the browser (GTX) control panel in file manager.

So I guess my question is, did I miss something with server update to Lemon regarding extdb2 or am I indeed way off, please help if you can? TIA!

Edited by Leeston

7 answers to this question

Reading from your logs, you need to turn off infistars feature that logs to the database OR run the included sql and update exile.ini so infistar can write to the database...as for the vehicles respawning at safezone, issue might be from an override you have, i had the same issue but with extdb3...i fixed it by confirming ExileServer_object_vehicle_database_load.sqf had no errors. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Edited by DoDGaming
1 person likes this

Thanks for your reply genuinely appreciated.

I ended up doing a full reinstall of the server, loosing all our players items but at this point seems to have been enough to fix issues. I am in fact waiting for feedback (i'm not a big player of the game myself) but wanted to reply to you for taking the time to respond.

I will update with my findings in case of future help needed by others.

Thanks again @DoDGaming

Advertisement
On 5/30/2017 at 3:35 PM, DoDGaming said:

Reading from your logs, you need to turn off infistars feature that logs to the database OR run the included sql and update exile.ini so infistar can write to the database...as for the vehicles respawning at safezone, issue might be from an override you have, i had the same issue but with extdb3...i fixed it by confirming ExileServer_object_vehicle_database_load.sqf had no errors. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Im having the same issue, with vehicles respawning Back at trader,  But by confirming that the Vehicle_Database_load.sqf had no errors.  Exactly how can i check that?   

everything i see inside the sqf looks correct to my knowledge,  but without anything to compare it too sorta makes it hard haha :P  

* also using extdb3 and done many fresh installs, same issue no matter what lol

You can check for errors by using compare on notepad++ with a copy of the original (extdb3 version)  Vehicle_Database_load.sqf. You can find all the originals Exile ExtDB3 Overrides - Sorry I haven't responded sooner, hopefully it's all fixed for you by now.

I had the same problem. Fixed it by using no dynamic sim edits to the way vehicles spawn & are saved.

I use 64bit Arma3 so I am not sure if the fix is compatible with ExtDB2 (32 bit arma3).

It was from the same github of @Brett Nordin

Replaced these files in the "exile server overrides" folder:
ExileServer_object_vehicle_createNonPersistentVehicle.sqf
ExileServer_object_vehicle_createPersistentVehicle.sqf

ExileServer_object_vehicle_database_load.sqf

I have also found errors spamming the logs caused vehicle to rollback. The error might spam the log file 10 to 15 times per second, the log file would be 150mb in size.  Add this to the commandline until you fix the error: -nologs

Here is an old post from the legend @Dwarden on "-nologs" and server performance: 
"-nologs" may improve performance, no stuttering, read details

Edited by aussie battler

Advertisement