Gattaca

Loot Table (Break Down) (Question)

4 posts in this topic

Please tell me if this is how the breakdown of the loot table works:

LootItemGroups.h    (going to use the Vehicle group from the Industrial loot section for the example)

> Vehicle
4, Exile_Item_FuelCanisterFull     // (sum=10) = 4*100/10 = 40%
5, Exile_Item_FuelCanisterEmpty    // (sum-10) = 5*100/10 = 50%
1, Exile_Item_DuctTape             // (sum10) = 1*100/10 = 10%

LootTables.h

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Construction Sites, Warehouses, Research etc.
> Industrial   // sum 23 / 99.97% with all groups (4%,13%,21%,26%,34%)
1, Restraints  // 1 items / (1*100)divided by sum (23) = 4.34%     (spawn chance that this group will get picked)
3, RoadFlares  // 4 items / (3*100)divided by sum (23) = 13.04%    (spawn chance that this group will get picked)
5, Vehicle     // 3 items / (5*100)divided by sum (23) = 21.73%    (spawn chance that this group will get picked)
               //    Exile_Item_DuctTape               = 10%            (spawn chance inside the group)        (02.173%) (actual percetage )
               //    Exile_Item_FuelCanisterEmpty      = 40%            (spawn chance inside the group)        (08.592%) (actual percetage )
               //    Exile_Item_FuelCanisterFull       = 50%            (spawn chance inside the group)        (10.865%) (actual percetage )
               //    Vehicle grouping                  = 100%           (spawn chance inside the group)        (21.73% total)
6, Trash       // 7 items / (6*100)divided by sum (23) = 26.08%   (spawn chance that this group will get picked)                                   
8, IndustrialItems //                                  = 34.78%   (spawn chance that this group will get picked)

The logic being that the Vehicle group has a 21.73% chances of spawning something that is inside of this group in "Industrial sites".  That being said Duct Tape, Fuel (empty and full) have their own percentage chance of being "chosen/picked" to be spawned loot.  

Therefore "Exile_Item_DuctTape" (for example) has a 10% chance of being picked for the "Vehicle group" (loot) or an overall percentage of 02% that it will actually show up inside an industrial-named-site in-game?

Edited by Gattaca

Thanks, that's the way the logic was running.   I am sure there are people out there that don't understand the breakdown. 

Oh and yes my penis always has a 100% chance according to my logic

:monkey:

1 person likes this

Advertisement
switch (true) do 
{
   case ((CanMove _SexDoll) && alive Penis) :
   {
	Penis  domove getpos _SexDoll;
	Penis assignAsDriver _SexDoll;
	[Penis] orderGetIn true;

_who domove getpos _SexDoll;
	_who assignAscargo _SexDoll;
	[_who] orderGetIn true;
	hint "SexDoll is good";
   };

I need a beer and a cigarette now.
3 people like this

Another question that is related to Loot / Loot tables.

Inside the exile_server_config.pbo, the loot tables are defined as: (in the config.cpp)

class CfgExileLootServer 
{
	class LootTables
    {
    	 #include "CfgExileLootServer.hpp"  
    };
};

I removed the whole context (the compiled loot tables) and replaced it with an #include and the CfgExileLootServer.hpp file that the loot compiler makes (for easier updates) . . . 

The loot that is spawn in in the Radiation Zone is not the loot that I defined in the following categories and subcategories (see below)

Spoiler

// Ghost Hotel Buildings  (ultra rare items)
//
> Radiation
1, Electronics
1, RareSniper
1, RareSniperAmmo
1, RareSniperAttachment
1, RareSuppressor
1, RareLMG
1, RareRifle
1, RareAmmo
1, RareExplosive
1, RareLauncher
1, RareLauncherAmmo
1, RareHelmet
1, RareVest
1, RareBackpack

I even removed my #include completely to see if "NO loot" would spawn and it still spawned in "default loot" (guessing its default because it shouldn't spawn in anything at all? if not defined in the config.cpp??). 

SOLVED:  I am using a hosted server.  They didn't have up-to-date server files.  MY RPT even looks different.  I wiped my server and tested the above #include with default spawn arrays and everything works brilliantly. 

Edited by Gattaca

Advertisement