TroyT

Unusually High Frequency of Exploding Vehicles

Question

We did a clean install to 1.0.3 and upgraded to extDB3 a few days ago and since then we've been having higher than normal random acts of Arma.  We're getting 6-8 players per 4-hr session blowing up in their vics while driving and other vics just blowing up at random.  Although we all know that some of this is "normal", this has been a bit absurd.  I don't think it's the 1.0.3 update necessarily because we had updated a couple of weeks ago and just did the clean install when upgrading the db.

16 answers to this question

Hi. We have the same problem on our server. Random blowing up players  in vehicle and random explode vehicle.  Its happens very often. We installed clean date base after exile 1.0.3 update.

Edited by Sna[KE]

I'm glad to hear that it's not just me.  Do you know if it happens any place more often than another?

Advertisement

No, it happens absolutely random for me in absolutely different places, but really very often. 

Edited by Sna[KE]

Same here too, had reports of it happening more often but can't work out how or why

I just read in another post describing dynamic simulation (new) and how sometimes vehicles "bounce" when a player gets to within a certain distance from them.  I wonder if that could explain some of the random explosions that occur when a player isn't in their vic.

I also have the randomly exploding Helis on my server. I'm glad to see that it's not just my server.

While some incidents are due to the typical "initialization bounce" or "initialization collision", Helis blowing up randomly while in flight has increased noticeably.

1 person likes this

The same problem also exists on my server.  And there will be no solution to the problems.

One thing I say today which I thought was interesting.  I had a player get kicked because he didn't have Apex.  Right as he got kicked the vehicle he was in exploded, killing his friend in a vic next to him.  I'm going to start paying attention to WHO is having random vic explosions and see if there's a correlation.  I hope there is because, if so, that should lessen next week.

1 person likes this

No changes to damage eventhandlers for vehicles from me :-D

1 person likes this

Advertisement