Pitrofsky

Changing lower left and right corner HUD boxes

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I'm running ArmA3 on 4K and because of this, the counters for my hunger/thirst as well as the ammo counter are very small.
The set distance for when I zero my scope is also only visible from the second digit.

Is there a way to enlargen these?

I tried altering the HUD size in Arma's own configuration and it just alters the things like inventory and such.

Help is much appreciated, happy hunting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pitrofsky said:

Hello everyone!

I'm running ArmA3 on 4K and because of this, the counters for my hunger/thirst as well as the ammo counter are very small.
The set distance for when I zero my scope is also only visible from the second digit.

Is there a way to enlargen these?

I tried altering the HUD size in Arma's own configuration and it just alters the things like inventory and such.

Help is much appreciated, happy hunting!

Exile would need to fix this, server-owners can fix it, but no one really ever plays on 4k, and arma does not handle 4k very well....

Edited by StokesMagee
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
4 hours ago, StokesMagee said:

Exile would need to fix this, server-owners can fix it, but no one really ever plays on 4k, and arma does not handle 4k very well....

Is this a problem inherent to ArmA or do you mean that just because of the CPU-load?

Because I'm getting 45-65fps easily on Chernarus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change your interface size in video settings. make it larger

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pitrofsky I also run A3 at 4K. I run the interface size at "Very small" which seems to help the issue significantly. Unfortunately it also makes the text extra-small..... it fits much better into the allocated boxes however. If it's a reasonable sized 4K monitor though and your eyesight is fine, it should be okay.

With regards @StokesMagee's comment about ARMA 3 not handling 4K well, it's more about the scaling of the graphics needed. The game engine is quite old and 4K screens didn't exist back when it was being developed so it's not designed with them in mind. It's not specifically about the performance aspect although that is also something it struggles with depending on the hardware and your settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Riker2335 said:

With regards @StokesMagee's comment about ARMA 3 not handling 4K well, it's more about the scaling of the graphics needed. The game engine is quite old and 4K screens didn't exist back when it was being developed so it's not designed with them in mind. It's not specifically about the performance aspect although that is also something it struggles with depending on the hardware and your settings.

"it's more about the scaling of the graphics needed." ehm, i don't think so.

There is much more, i'm not going to go into details though, but graphics IMO is not the main problem. 

Edited by StokesMagee
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@StokesMagee Apologies for mis-representing what you were saying and thanks for clarifying. I'm sure in time, I'll learn the underlying issues myself  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

@StokesMagee Apologies for mis-representing what you were saying and thanks for clarifying. I'm sure in time, I'll learn the underlying issues myself  :)

Having a very deep understanding with arma's scripting "language" will

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.