fifthmanstanding

ExileClient_util_array_shuffle?

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking through infistar v.0079 that I've just downloaded. I don't recall, and maybe I'm wrong, a folder "ExileMod_improved_network_security" being present in previous releases. Inside is "ExileClient_util_array_shuffle". I've looked through the readme and I don't see anything referencing this file/folder. I did some googling but couldn't find any infistar related information on it. 

Any idea what it does/what to do with it? 

Pretty sure you just need to add it to overrides.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Hey

oh yeah it's just a client side overwrite.

it's pretty much due to the default using deleteAt there not really working as intended (the Arma function deleteAt doesn't in that usage/case)

that results in:
If you have a building with ~10 possible loot positions, your arma server randomly selects for example 4 of those. Well with array shuffle being broken it would always be the same 4 - as it's broken. now with that "ugly" fix it would be working again.

However it's nothing important to be honest thus is why I just left the file there without any comment

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, infiSTAR said:

Hey

oh yeah it's just a client side overwrite.

it's pretty much due to the default using deleteAt there not really working as intended (the Arma function deleteAt doesn't in that usage/case)

that results in:
If you have a building with ~10 possible loot positions, your arma server randomly selects for example 4 of those. Well with array shuffle being broken it would always be the same 4 - as it's broken. now with that "ugly" fix it would be working again.

However it's nothing important to be honest thus is why I just left the file there without any comment

you should probably add it to the readme though, i was pretty confused as well. I don't like overriding stuff without knowing what it is, but I also don't like leaving a file like that as it sounds like something i need to act on :)

yeah, can confirm what infi wrotes... figured out this :bug2: while creating my own lootspots for Chernarus with OCP. I´ll contact him,  he send me this fix a week or two ago and with it, everything works great! My Buildings have 10 - 80 possible Lootspots and without that, there will be only used a hand full of the same spots each time. With that fix, REAL random Lootspots for each Building!

infi, nochmals DICKES DICKES DANKE!!!!!!:rock:

Edited by towatai
1 person likes this

18 hours ago, malfunc said:

you should probably add it to the readme though, i was pretty confused as well. I don't like overriding stuff without knowing what it is, but I also don't like leaving a file like that as it sounds like something i need to act on :)

I accidentally added the file, wasn't supposed to be in the update - even the folder name is wrong :-D but you know, if it helps :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement