Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maxthecasualgamer

Disabling Hotkeys

4 posts in this topic

I am curious if this is possible. Is there a way to disable the in-game hotkeys. I own my own server and while running around and accidently hit a hotkey I didn't want to hit. Like Shift + 4 or Shift + V or B. 

Hello Max,

Yes, you can disable/re-assign ANY key in use.  HOWEVER, once you do this, keep this in mind:

Because YOU have an issue with it does not mean OTHERS do.  Also, it might require players downloading a 'second' copy of Exile, yours.  And I do not think most will do that either.

I would suggest you make a post concerning assigning custom keys to the 'Suggestion Box'.  Personally, I have always HATED being told what keys to use in a game.  Why can't I pick my own keys?  ;)  To implement these would not be that 'hard' to do either.

In regards to NOW, I would suggest you 'learn to live with it'.  It is not that hard... 

:)

Advertisement
8 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello Max,

Yes, you can disable/re-assign ANY key in use.  HOWEVER, once you do this, keep this in mind:

Because YOU have an issue with it does not mean OTHERS do.  Also, it might require players downloading a 'second' copy of Exile, yours.  And I do not think most will do that either.

I would suggest you make a post concerning assigning custom keys to the 'Suggestion Box'.  Personally, I have always HATED being told what keys to use in a game.  Why can't I pick my own keys?  ;)  To implement these would not be that 'hard' to do either.

In regards to NOW, I would suggest you 'learn to live with it'.  It is not that hard... 

I know it's not hard to learn to live with it. Was more of if it's possibly then I'd like it. 

As I sated, it is possible.  But as I stated, others may not like it nor potentially wish to download another version of Exile.

You can do it though.  Where the key lies in the code and on which 'side' (Client/Server), that I do not know.  If it was on the server side, then users would not have to change anything.

Just find the key codes in use and search for them ( https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes )

As an example, search for "23".  And YES, USE THE QUOTES.  This will be how it will be listed most likely in the code itself.  You might have to use the 'other' name as well.

As an example 'R' in this code snippet for CBA key handling = {_this call HelpMe_fnc_repo}, {}, [DIK_R, [false, false, true]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;  You would have to search for DIK_R.

R = DIK_R = 0x13h = 19d

Advertisement