• 0
TroyT

Malden Server Setup

Question

I'm setting up a Malden map on a server that is already set up for Altis.  It's a fresh auto-install from the GSP that hosts our dedi.  What do I have to change to make it load a Malden map properly?  The server seems to start fine with the exception of this error:

1:50:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.Malden'.

my exileconfig.cfg:

Spoiler

steamqueryport=2323; //DO NOT EDIT
hostname                            = "BS-Free PVE Malden";
password                             = "4312";
passwordAdmin                          = "t3comadmin";
serverCommandPassword                = "t3comadmin";
logFile                = "A3Master.log";
verifySignatures                       = 0;
BattlEye                            = 0;
requiredBuild                         = 142036;
allowedLoadFileExtensions[]         = {:};
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[]     = {"sqf"};
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[]         = {"html"};
motdInterval                         = 5;               
maxPlayers                             = 40; // DO NOT EDIT, YOUR SERVER WILL BE DISABLED    
voteMissionPlayers                     = 200;   
voteThreshold                         = 200;
disableVoN                            = 0;        
vonCodecQuality                     = 10;   
persistent                            = 1;       
kickDuplicate                         = 1;
equalModRequired                     = 0;
timeStampFormat                     = "short";
onUserConnected                     = "";
onUserDisconnected                     = "";
doubleIdDetected                     = "";
onUnsignedData                         = "kick (_this select 0)";    
onHackedData                         = "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData                     = "kick (_this select 0)";
motd[]                                 = {"Welcome to Arma 3 Exile Mod!", "www.exilemod.com", "Enjoy your stay!" };

class Missions
{
    class Exile
    {
        template = Exile.Malden;
        difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
    }; 
};

 

My Arma3.cfg:

Spoiler

//
// server.cfg
//
// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// STEAM
steamqueryport=2323; //DO NOT EDIT

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname            = "BS-Free PVE Malden";        // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
//password             = "ServerAccessPassword";                    // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin             = "t3comadmin";                        // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
               // This is the default setting. Leave empty for private servers if you do not want your server listed publicly
logFile                = "A3Master.log";
verifySignatures         = 0;

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[]={
    ""
};
motdInterval         = 5;            // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers        = 40;        // EDIT AND YOUR SERVER WILL BE DISABLED
// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers    = 1;            // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold        = 0.33;         // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective
//voteMissionPlayers    = 0;

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN        = 0;            // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality         = 8;            // Quality from 1 to 10
persistent        = 1;            // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.


kickDuplicate = 1;
equalModRequired = 0;
requiredSecureId = 2;
timeStampFormat = "short";

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";                    //
onUserDisconnected = "";                //
doubleIdDetected = "";                    //

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";        // unsigned data detected
onHackedData =     "kick (_this select 0)";    //"ban (_this select 0)";            // tampering of the signature detected
onDifferentData = "";

 

 

When looking at the server in the vanilla server browser it shows the map as Malden 2035. It says the required build is 1.70.141838, but I had defined the required build to match the Dev Branch in one of the config files above.  I have BE and verify sig turned off for now.  The server shows up with the big red X.

What do I need to change?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

  • 0

Malden is not released yet. It will be released with the next Arma version that's supposed to be landing next week.

To run it now, you would have to update your server's arma version to the Development branch and I'm not sure your GSP will have that option available for you.

If you do update to the development branch, then only clients that are also on the dev branch would be able to join.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
34 minutes ago, BaroN said:

Malden is not released yet. It will be released with the next Arma version that's supposed to be landing next week.

To run it now, you would have to update your server's arma version to the Development branch and I'm not sure your GSP will have that option available for you.

If you do update to the development branch, then only clients that are also on the dev branch would be able to join.

Or do you? :o xD ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
  • 0
15 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Or do you? :o xD ;)

lol. I know what you mean.... But, yes, I think you do if you're using a GSP....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, BaroN said:

lol. I know what you mean.... But, yes, I think you do if you're using a GSP....

Yeah, I'm just being silly. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yeah, no shit. I'll blame it on being tired, but it never occurred to me that the server needs to update. 

 

Ok, so then if I want to put it on a test server on another PC at home, am I going to be able to download the device branch server files? I see some Malden  servers up already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
35 minutes ago, TroyT said:

Yeah, no shit. I'll blame it on being tired, but it never occurred to me that the server needs to update. 

 

Ok, so then if I want to put it on a test server on another PC at home, am I going to be able to download the device branch server files? I see some Malden  servers up already. 

Yup, it needs to be on Dev branch until 22nd of this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm almost embarrassed to ask... where do you edit the command line on a self-hosted server?  I use TCAdmin to access my hosted dedi box so have never been that far "under the hood".  I've used maca134's Dedicated Server Package which kind of keeps you in the dark by doing so much for you.  I've created another instance just using SteamCMD, but still can't find where you actually modify the command line.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, TroyT said:

I'm almost embarrassed to ask... where do you edit the command line on a self-hosted server?  I use TCAdmin to access my hosted dedi box so have never been that far "under the hood".  I've used maca134's Dedicated Server Package which kind of keeps you in the dark by doing so much for you.  I've created another instance just using SteamCMD, but still can't find where you actually modify the command line.

There should be a batch file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.