Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charizard77

Custom Loot Positions

Question

So Recently, I used Custom loot positions to generate loot positions relative to an object that did not have loot positions in VR. Made the necessary edits to config.cpp of exile_server_config and initserver of Exile.ALtis. I've searched the forums for previous posts for syntax and cannot identify any differences between my code and theres. Some of my custom buildings that I've added that have loot positions do spawn loot(military cargo towers). All buildings are not simple objects and Simulation is enabled. I basically just wanted to create a maze using the shootwalls to encourage CQC and looting, but with no loot spawning theres no incentive to use this new area. So i figured I'd make an invisible loot beacon to spawn loot in my shoot maze. I know the coordinates are object relative so...

Here is what I added to config.cpp

class CfgBuildings
{
///////////////////////////////////////////////////
// looot beacon                                  //
///////////////////////////////////////////////////
    class VR_GroundIcon_01_F
{
    table = "Radiation";
    positions[] = {{1.48047, -0.32373, 1}, {0.305664, 1.24072, 1}};
};

};

Any reason this is not working out for me? I've been at it for almost a week now making slight changes. Let me know if you want to see any other files. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Charizard77

2 answers to this question

I've searched and searched and found no good answers... what can we use VR for in the context of our servers?  I've seen VR objects in some content (e.g., structures) and assumed it may be so that zombies can't walk through them or AI can't shoot through them - but never found a definitive answer.

Thanks, mike. I had a sneaking suspicion that might be the case. So theres essentially no way to create a loot beacon and hide it from players. Damn. Maybe I'll build my CQC maze with little shacks set to radiation loot then. Thanks so much for the confirmation mike. You dah man.

Edited by Charizard77

Advertisement