Serpz

Trader Lists in a mess?

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Ineed abit of help as to why this is happening please? I open my trader menus and they have missing spaces with cost but not items ,but some of the other stuff is there. Can any one point me in the right direction please on how i can rectify this please?

Thanks

20170621152141_1.jpg

20170621152233_1.jpg

It means that  your price list and your item array are not the same. IE you have the price/name/respect requirement for an item input in the class CfgExileArsenal segment of the config.cpp but not in the class CfgTraderCategories. 

So to use U_C_Poloshirt_blue as an example, in class CfgExileArsenal I have the price listed as the following:

class U_C_Poloshirt_blue                         { quality = 1; price = 20; };

^ that segment handles the display of cost and respect requirement from the vendor menu. 

That segment is paired with the actual item in the array defined in class CfgTraderCategories. So if I go down to class CfgTraderCategories in my config.cpp I see: 

Spoiler

class Uniforms
    {
        name = "Uniforms";
        icon = "a3\ui_f\data\gui\Rsc\RscDisplayArsenal\uniform_ca.paa";
        items[] =
        {
            "U_C_Journalist",
            "U_C_Poloshirt_blue",

We have item U_C_Poloshirt_blue under the class Uniform and so this item will display in the "uniform" drop down section of the trader menu. 

TLDR if you don't also define the item in the CfgTraderCategories arrays then it won't show the image or work properly in the in-game trader menu. 

Either way, honestly I'd recommend using the scripts in the link below for item/vendor management. It's a lot easier to use and organized than modifying config.cpp every time you want to change something. 

1 person likes this

Advertisement

@fifthmanstanding

Thanks for the reply! yes i came across this thread ealier on after i posted my thread regarding these issues. thanks i will give it a bash.

cheers

Often times when you see blank spaces and prices it is because you do not have a mod running client side. Servers won't force you to run every mod unless you add them as requirements in the mission.sqm

Also if you misspell and any character doesn't match a valid class name you will get a blank  

just a couple other ideas to help you identify the issue  

Edited by odizzzzle
1 person likes this

Advertisement