Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JerryAtricks

FML - Arma Update

Question

So great... Just as I get my server up and running, Arma goes and throws us a new update, and now I can't get in. So I have two questions;

1. Is there a way to prevent Arma from updating itself on Steam and why isn't there an option to not update it? I only have three options: Keep this server up to date, Only update when I start Arma, and Update before any other program.

2. How to roll it back to a previous update? I've seen a few things on this about putting ArmaUpdate### in the Beta line and it gives you the option to load that version, but when I tried it the code says it verifies but I don't get an option to roll back.

1 person likes this

4 answers to this question

Or update the server....... it doesn't take too long and might be quicker than rolling back the PC given it seems to be a zero-problem update this time around.

Advertisement

What is the best way around this? My server just doesn't let anyone in, must be to do with the update. I am on GTX Gaming servers if that helps. 

@fLu_ what do you mean the best way around this?  Update the server is the best way around it in my opinion.... it doesn't just get around the problem but fixes it!

I can't comment about how to do this on a hosting provider, I run a dedi so I just run a batch file to update the server. If you need help with how to update then speak with the hosting provider.

If you want to downgrade your client to 1.70 for some reason then check the 1.72 megathread from Kuplion in the general discussion. That has instructions in it for how to downgrade your client to the previous version.

Advertisement