looonytoonz

[SOLVED] infistar not working

8 posts in this topic

so i just downloaded the newest version of infistar and for some reason the instructions now state that the whole "@infiSTAR_Exile" folder from the zip be placed into the main server folder instead of the way it previously was installed.... previously the file  "a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo" was placed into the "@ExileServer" folder along with the "exile_server_config.pbo" and "exile_server.pbo" files....  for the sake of just pure wonder i tried it that way as well and neither seem to be working 

General Discussion is not for support, and there is a specific InfiSTAR forum. However, for the sake of efficiency, you can use either method.

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

yeah i searched for infistar and read through the issues and didnt see anything specifically like what i am seeing.... i will try to look harder. this is usually such an easy install i cannot see what the issue is.. it is as if infistar is not there at all

Edited by looonytoonz

apperantly it was as simple as having the dll files in place.... i was under the impression that they were not needed unless you wanted the logging features

a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo goes into your  @ExileServer addons folder make sure that  infiSTAR_AdminMenu.hpp and CfgRemoteExec.hpp are placed into your mission folder and     #include "CfgRemoteExec.hpp"  and  #include "infiSTAR_AdminMenu.hpp" are inside your description.ext.

Also make sure that the .dll's are placed inside the servers arma3 root folder

Installing infistar is quiet easy if you havnt done it before, also its easier to copy/paste from old version to new but needs tweeking for admin rights and so on

Goodluck

Yeah I knew all of that but never had to have the dll files in place during previous installs... i have installed infistar many times before on a3 epoch, wasteland  and exile, as well as a2 epoch. thought those dll's were always optional depending on if you wanted the extra features and logging or what not... either way I got it working. Thanks for the reply though it is always appreciated 

1 hour ago, hogansheroes said:

a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo goes into your  @ExileServer addons folder make sure that  infiSTAR_AdminMenu.hpp and CfgRemoteExec.hpp are placed into your mission folder and     #include "CfgRemoteExec.hpp"  and  #include "infiSTAR_AdminMenu.hpp" are inside your description.ext.

Also make sure that the .dll's are placed inside the servers arma3 root folder

Installing infistar is quiet easy if you havnt done it before, also its easier to copy/paste from old version to new but needs tweeking for admin rights and so on

Goodluck

you need the .dll's so place them and you will be good to go

We have closed this thread and marked it as solved.

Advertisement