TroyT

Harvest Junk Metal on Malden

Question

If it's possible, how would I go about getting sources (containers) for harvesting junk metal on Malden?  None of the containers on the map that I've tried interact with the sledgehammer at all.  Placing them from the initserver.sqf doesn't seem to work either.

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Not quite sure if fixed yet but wasn't there a problem with containers in recent arma updates, not breaking down? Not even sure if it was just about the cointainer getting not destroyed or if they even didn't gave you junk metal - i think sometimes they spawned underneath the container.

Might wanna check this little tricksy:

Anyways, if you want a list of cargo containers copied to clipboard you can use this little script, just execute in debug. Port somewhere near containers and within a radius of 50m you'll get back all models containing "cargo".

_container = nearestTerrainObjects [player, [], 50]; 
_container = _container select {["cargo", (str _x)] call BIS_fnc_inString}; 
copyToClipboard str _container;
[115923: cargo20_white_f.p3d,115924: cargo20_blue_f.p3d,115925: cargo20_blue_f.p3d,115920: cargo20_grey_f.p3d,115921: cargo20_brick_red_f.p3d,115931: cargo20_cyan_f.p3d,115930: cargo20_cyan_f.p3d]

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Thanks, I have the list of containers.  The issue is that there is no interaction with them at all.  No swing, no sound, no dust.  It just doesn't heppen.

Posted (edited)

If there are some missing, you already added them to  the source, did you`?

class ShippingContainerSource

I just gave it a try, no problem swinging at them.

I know this might sound stupid but did you checked you really had the SWOOSH/SWING magazine equipped in the sledgehammer?

z3lPcnX.png

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Advertisement