JerryAtricks

Server Not Public... Possible DB Error?

Question

Posted (edited)

YES I've Googled this and haven't found an answer for it so if you can't or don't want to help then please move along, thanks.

So I've got my Altis server up and running fine. I can join it, play on it, and there are no problems on my side. However, it's not showing up publicly and no one can join me directly. It sounds like a common issue but I think mine is a bit unique, and here's why.

I recently moved in with a friend and I'm on his router in another room. The router's address is 10.0.0.254, my pc is 10.0.0.5. Ports have been forwarded.

When I created the DB for the server it defaults to 127.0.0.1:3306. All my cfg files point to that address and, like I said, everything works for me locally with those numbers. So I'm thinking it's going to be a conflict with the DB address and my local IP address. Am I close?

Anyway, so I tried to change the local IP on the DB to 10.0.0.5 but when I restart the DB it's empty and when I rescan for local servers it finds the one as [ localhost:3306 ], so the original one becomes unuseable.

What do you guys need to see to help me iron this out? config.cfg? server.rpt? startup parameters? I'd appreciate the help so I can finally get back online and get some people in here so I can stop playing with myself... uh, I mean, by myself. :D

Thanks!

Edited by JerryAtricks

3 answers to this question

Just trying to cover all basis since this was not mentioned, can you enable DMZ to  10.0.0.5  on the router? 

Have you checked to ensure your firewall is not blocking A3 to external networks? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A3 is allowed through firewall and its ports are forwarded. 

Enabling DMZ would open [all] of its ports. Isn't that a bad thing? Going to try it anyway.

What I've tried since was adding the public ip to my config.cfg (-ip=##.##.##.##) but then the server wouldn't start. Then I tried adding the local ip to it (-ip=10.0.0.5). The server started but it wasn't visible at all, even to me. I also couldn't direct connect to it using either ip address. =\

This is strange to me because it's the exact same server configuration I had at my other apartment with a working, public server, but since I moved (new ip obviously) I've had this issue.

Edited by JerryAtricks

I'm curious if you have resolved this?

if the server worked fine at another physical location then it is most likely a network problem. On a dedicated machine I have a windows firewall rule allowing all ports and programs for my server IP. Granted this is a little different but you may consider this for testing purposes.  If that does not work, I would check to see if the router/modem provided by your new ISP has a built in firewall and either disable or open your ports for the server.

Advertisement