Omen

How to add permanent non-Exile map markers?

14 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Quasi Normal (Melano!) said:

Youa re obviously not using exile 3den editor. So you are wrong.

no, you are wrong. to place default arma 3 markers on the map, NOT EXILE MARKERS, you do not need the plug in. i have used my method many times without issue.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

step 1.. make your markers, preferably in a separate mission.sqm in 3den editor.

step 2.. save and access the mission sqm (forget the exile export)

step 3.. find the new marker in the mission.sqm you just created and copy it into the mission.sqm for your server (be sure to change the number of that class item.. AND the total number of items (eg if you last exile exported marker is class item 24, then you should see items = 25 above that entity section.. Add your new marker.. "class item 25" or whatever and then change "items = 25" to "items = 26"

That's it..

If you want to draw a bridge (straight line only) then use a rectangle.. i like 7 wide, and white..

Edited by odizzzzle
1 person likes this

The OP just wants to mark the position of a bridge.  He's not doing a rad zone, spawn zone or trader zone,  so does not need the extra attributes or what not from the exile editor plugin. There is no need to copy and paste between .sqm's and rename/number anything. All he has to do is use pbomanager to extract the mission pbo to a folder.  Then open that in the stock arma editor, place whatever vanilla arma markers he needs,  then save. Use pbomanager to convert the folder back into a pbo and he's done. 

1 person likes this

Advertisement