Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T.w² | Prime v2

Transferring data between server hosts

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am looking to transfer my files to a better host, I am not getting the preformance I need to hold 60+ players at once on the server I now have. I contacted my server provider, and they said they would not help transfer my data between their servers. Because of this, and how I found a better deal with another provider, I will be switching hosts. The only thing is, What do I need to transfer? I had someone set the server up for me, so I do not know what is needed. I know to copy the Server file, but how do I move databases and such? And is there also anything else I need to move as well?

Edited by T.w² | Prime v2

connect to db, myphpadmin (webclient) or any other client (heidisql, navicat) - export database.

connect to ftp, download all files you need - configs, ini's, addons, missionfile - mostly what you need.

1 person likes this

Advertisement
18 hours ago, WURSTKETTE said:

connect to db, myphpadmin (webclient) or any other client (heidisql, navicat) - export database.

connect to ftp, download all files you need - configs, ini's, addons, missionfile - mostly what you need.

Connect to what ftp? Can I create my own or what? Will a dedicated server have a ftp? I currently go in through "Remote Desktop Connection"

Advertisement