cannibalmerk

SQF not saving

Question

Hi everyone, first time poster here. So I've been fumbling my way through getting a server going and I've run into a problem. I'm hoping it's a simple fix. A few details.

I'm using firezilla, PBO manager and notepad++ to make changes to my server SQF files. I was able to make changes to the general files (such as rep requirements, loot spawn distances and such). Then I went into the a3_DMS config SQF, found the things I wanted to tweak, made the changes, saved the changes. then when I reopened the config file (to make sure the changes stuck),  they were back to the defaults. I've closed everything down and retried (thinking maybe I had 2 copies open preventing changes from saving), tried save as, save copy. I even restarted my computer in desperation. Any info would be appreciated.

Edited by cannibalmerk

2 answers to this question

You need to pull the files out of the pbo, edit them and then put them back. If you use pbo manager you'll have a right click option on a .pbo to "Extract to" creating a folder called "whateveritscalled" from the "whateveritscalled.pbo". You'll then be able to edit the files and when finished you'll have the right click option to "Pack into" under PBO Manager.

On 8/6/2017 at 5:16 AM, MetalHead said:

You need to pull the files out of the pbo, edit them and then put them back. If you use pbo manager you'll have a right click option on a .pbo to "Extract to" creating a folder called "whateveritscalled" from the "whateveritscalled.pbo". You'll then be able to edit the files and when finished you'll have the right click option to "Pack into" under PBO Manager.

I was able to figure it out with some help. I was missing the unpacking step. The videos and guides are pretty vague for a complete scripting beginner like me. I'm finding out I need a lot of help in this area. I'm trying to add some basic mods to a new server I started (possibly a terrible idea lol) and am moving at a snails pace.

*THIS THREAD CAN BE CLOSED AS SOLVED*

Edited by cannibalmerk

Advertisement