cannibalmerk

getting advanced towing to work?

Question

Ok, so I did a bunch of reading and I think I may be a victim of old info. I downloaded advanced towing and in the install directions it said I could just drop the advancedtowing.pbo directly into my @exileserver/addons folder. I did that, and added the keys info into my keys folder. tried to start my server and I got this

Cannot open file '/home/gsp_37/158.69.251.197-2302/@ExileServer\addons\sa_advancedtowing'

Any ideas what might cause this?

3 answers to this question

To anybody looking for answers here I only have a few nuggets. After finding out that running LINUX requires a few tweaks to the install I was able to get it working with the work of another person. So I'm sorry I can't help past that. But this issue is resolved and the thread can be closed.

I just put the pbo into my addons folder, didn't even add a key or anything and it's working like a charm. Do I have to do anything else? Don't want to run into problems at some point.

Glad that you could fix your issue!

Since I'm running LINUX, it's all SUPER case sensitive. Ended up having to rename everything to the same name (the sqf, pbo, all of it) all lowercase. I guess if yours is working don't mess with it lol.

Advertisement