Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobbeh

Error when starting up server

Question

When I start up the server, I get an error

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\config.cpp, line 6462: Config: '"' encountered instead of ','

I cannot figure out what i'm doing wrong...

config.cpp paste: https://pastebin.com/vTcyUemv

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

You're missing a , at the end of line 6471 (Exile_Item_MetalScrews). Also, I'd remove the "--unused--" on 6479. Just delete that line completely or comment it out with // in front of it

Edited by cannibalmerk

For future reference. It's telling you that at AROUND line 6462 (don't know why it's not accurate) it's seeing a (") instead of a (,). Since it's in a big list of items it see's that (,)as a "list keeps going on the next line" command. When it doesn't see that (,) it thinks "Oh, this list is done now. On to the next thing". But then it sees more list and is all "WTF? I thought we were done with this list... shut it down".

Advertisement
54 minutes ago, cannibalmerk said:

For future reference. It's telling you that at AROUND line 6462 (don't know why it's not accurate) it's seeing a (") instead of a (,). Since it's in a big list of items it see's that (,)as a "list keeps going on the next line" command. When it doesn't see that (,) it thinks "Oh, this list is done now. On to the next thing". But then it sees more list and is all "WTF? I thought we were done with this list... shut it down".

Hey mate, thanks! I'll test it soon hopefully, and yes, I realise that happens, I'm not that much of a noob to that stuff x)

Advertisement