Crazy Mike

South Zagoria Terrain

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Welcome to South Zagoria

E0F78CF55D58102AF1AC0F45EFE537A96EB7AC18

South Zagoria is the Eastern area of the fictional country of Chernarus, known by most to just simply be Chernarus. This mod aims to be a slight re-master and overhaul to some locations of Chernarus in line with the original terrain. The terrain size has been increased from 225km2 to 419km2, a number of new islands large and small have been created off the coast of Chernarus, ranging from a Nuclear Power Plant to a large island with an airfield a some small settlements, to nearly a dozen smaller islands to fill in the gaps.

Many more screenshots in the workshop page!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113631358

This terrain should very much be treated as a remaster of Chernarus, much of the inland area has remained the same however new locations will be added overtime aswell as a massive expansion on the eastern side of the map.

If you wish to switch from Chernarus to South Zagoria, one key mention should be that any mission objects AND objects in your database both MUST be adjusted 5120m NORTH as the terrain is 5km taller then regular chernarus, thus you must adjust all objects accordingly for them to be in the correct place on the map. A simple sql script should suffice in doing this for all of your objects in the database however don't ask me how to do it, I don't know shiet about databases, some talented individual will most likely post a script which will adjust the coordinates of your objects sooner or later and I will sticky it in the OP here. I will be developing this terrain much more in the near future when I have more free time once some of my other projects are finished.

Thanks!

Edited by Crazy Mike
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've just checked it out, it's really good work!
Love to see this being apart from Desolation Redux so ExileMod servers can run this to ^^

I noticed 2 things tho:

• The Nucleair Towers don't have any geometry, but you mentioned on the Steam Workshop page that this will be fixed soon
  • I died randomly while playing in Editor (completely empty, just me)

Is this mod stable enough to use on a live server? Or do you suggest to wait for a couple more patches? Cause this defenitely looks interesting...

Thanks for responding ^^

PS You need more screenshots ;)

20170818130701_1.jpg

20170818130725_1.jpg

20170818130738_1.jpg

20170818134531_1.jpg

20170818155138_1.jpg

20170818155543_1.jpg

Edited by GolovaRaoul

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, GolovaRaoul said:

I've just checked it out, it's really good work!
Love to see this being apart from Desolation Redux so ExileMod servers can run this to ^^

I noticed 2 things tho:

• The Nucleair Towers don't have any geometry, but you mentioned on the Steam Workshop page that this will be fixed soon
  • I died randomly while playing in Editor (completely empty, just me)

Is this mod stable enough to use on a live server? Or do you suggest to wait for a couple more patches? Cause this defenitely looks interesting...

Thanks for responding ^^

PS You need more screenshots ;)

20170818130701_1.jpg

20170818130725_1.jpg

20170818130738_1.jpg

20170818134531_1.jpg

20170818155138_1.jpg

20170818155543_1.jpg

you can definitely use this on a server right now, you just have to ask maca to add the workshop to A3L

not a big issue but the ONLY problem ATM is the dynamic lights at night, if you run a 24/7 day server your fine, but after about 1-2 hours of night after the streetlamps turn on all the way they get way too bright, most servers dont even use nighttime so this isnt a big problem but im looking into it because I like nighttime lol. 

the towers also have incorrectly textured and pathed textures because the guy who made them thought he knew all about geometry lods so he remade them in object builder and deleted the ones i did and he done fucked up

just keep in mind that because the terrain is 5km taller then chernarus, you must adjust all objects north 5km for them to be in the same spot relative to the features on the terrain, 5120 to be exact, or you can start a fresh server on it, either or

Edited by Crazy Mike
1 person likes this

This terrain is now on A3Launcher if you wish to easily use it for your players to join your server with.

2 people like this

@Crazy Mike I work with @GolovaRaoul, we ran into an issue where @infiSTAR clashes with the map content, and doors are non functional.

In editor, we can force them to spawn opened, but in an MP environment, they close and won't open. They shake, when interacted with, but won't open.

Using infistar, we can't unlock or open them.

Any guidance?

check_doors_n_gates = "true";			/* Fixes Hatches (so when they are locked, they stay closed..) and closes every door that's locked + keeps closing it in case somebody tries to hack open it! */

put it to false guys lol

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, infiSTAR said:

check_doors_n_gates = "true";			/* Fixes Hatches (so when they are locked, they stay closed..) and closes every door that's locked + keeps closing it in case somebody tries to hack open it! */

put it to false guys lol

server owners have been pming for like a week or two now crying my shit is broken, goddamn idiots lmao

7 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

server owners have been pming for like a week or two now crying my shit is broken, goddamn idiots lmao

I wasn't crying, I asked you why your doors included by your mod wouldn't open because I thought at that point that it was only your mod.  I was wrong, turns out I'm a human to. No need to be rude.

Advertisement