Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cataclyzm

Cannot place a flagpole

Question

i cannot place a flagpole , i have friends that play they have all been able to , i have tried uninstalled/reinstalling exile ,deleteing local files , verifying exile . verifying arma i do not know what to do at this point and as i have 15,000 respect i dont really want to delete my character as the last ditch idea suggested by the server admin

7 answers to this question

This sounds like a problem with  the server you are playing on.  The reason you would get stopped naturally would be due to other flagpoles and things in the area or near a military/high loot location. Have you tried another part of the map.. 

or another server.. If you get stuck and want to 100% test you can jump on mine and ask one of the admin to give you a flagpole (say dwarf said ok to test). Not doing shameless plug just trying to help you prove you problem.

Ta

1 person likes this

well, what you did not state is what HAPPENS when you try to place one.

you should be getting some sort of error when placing it and this will be a clue as to why you are not able to.

if you are getting NO ERROR message on the BOTTOM RIGHT of your screen, then i would suspect you are running some other mod(s) along with exile.

because, if you place the flag in an 'invalid' spot, you DO get an error message.

about all i can tell you without more info!

sorry!

:)

1 person likes this

Advertisement

i am indeed running other mods along with exile i have verified those also and noone else on the server running them has the problem , also when i hit spacebar to place it nothing happens the flagpole stutters a little bit but does not place , and there are no other flagpoles around it is not a military area or high loot area and i HAVE  tried it in multiple locations what sucks is as far as i know i am the only one on the server with this problem and i rather enjoy the server im playing on so switching servers isnt really a viable option for me at the moment.

i am running both rhs mods and mas weapons but like i said everyone else playing on this server im the only one with this issue

if others running the SAME mods as you and they have NO ISSUE, then it has to be on you.

do this:

get someone with you and you try to plant flag

if fails, get that person to put it down in the EXACT spot

it SHOULD work, but if it fails, there is SUPPOSED to be an error message

no message?  some mod is blocking it

you could also trying to go to a PLAIN JANE exile server and try it.

IF it works on 'plain jane' server, then it is most likely the mods being used

IF it does NOT work on a 'plain jane' server, then it is 100% on YOUR end, such as the exile folder and/or profile and/or mod folder 'bad'.

still no go for you?

-->  exile folder <> mod folder!  <--

delete the exile folder from your computer and retry

and/or, create new profile and delete exile folder and retry

re-download exile and put back in arma

it is one of 4 things:

it is caused by mods on your computer and/or server (such as version mismatches with ANY mod)

your profile is 'messed up'

your exile folder is 'messed up'

you exile mod/mod folder are 'messed up'

there are really no other options.  i personally have planted 30+ flags and zero issues unless in a 'forbidden' area, which i got a message on.

:)

2 people like this

Advertisement