wachta

Remove Traders and consequences

13 posts in this topic

hey,

We are trying to create something like the good old dayz and therefore we do not really want traders. 
I removed all and now i face the problem what am i gonna do about the territory system ?

Can i add the flagpole to the lootables ? Or is there any script made for that ? 

Thanks in advance,

Wachta

Make a territory flag recipe so you can craft it, then change territory lifetime to something like 999 so rent doesn't need to be paid. Not sure how to go about territory upgrades though...

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Sounds good ! You know where i can find the class ID for the Flag ? and How do you do territory upgrades again ? Isnt it like you pay a respect fee for each upgrade at the Flag you built ?

Cannot seem to find the class ID for the flag .
Only thing what i have found was Exile_Item_Flagbox.paa under models and the item id is not Exile_Item_FlagBox :/

@EDIT Looked thorugh the Config viewer apparently its Exile_Item_Flag :swear:

Edited by wachta

You can setup territory payments and upgrades to be done via the territory pole. Look at the pole, scroll wheel, and select the option you want which will sen you to the prompt window.

13 minutes ago, Beowulfv said:

You can setup territory payments and upgrades to be done via the territory pole. Look at the pole, scroll wheel, and select the option you want which will sen you to the prompt window.

Is this what 'manage flag' does or do you mean add custom interaction menus to the flag? 

You would have to add a custom interaction to the flag pole.

Example

class Upgrade: ExileAbstractAction
{
	title = "Upgrade Flag";
	condition = "((ExileClientInteractionObject getvariable ['ExileFlagStolen',1]) isEqualTo 0)";
	action = "_this call ExileClient_gui_upgradeTerritoryDialog_show";
};

All you're looking for is the Show dialog sqf file. So if you wanted to add payment it would look something like this:

class Protection: ExileAbstractAction
{
	title = "Pay Protection";
	condition = "((ExileClientInteractionObject getvariable ['ExileFlagStolen',1]) isEqualTo 0)";
	action = "_this call ExileClient_gui_payTerritoryProtectionMoneyDialog_show";
};

And then if you wanted to keep flag stealing in you could add the pay ransom option to also: 

class PayRansom: ExileAbstractAction
{
	title = "Pay Ransom";
	condition = "((ExileClientInteractionObject getvariable ['ExileFlagStolen',0]) isEqualTo 1)";
	action = "_this call ExileClient_gui_payFlagRansomDialog_show";
};

Or just get rid of the steal flag option and not worry about it. Because the only benefit to stealing a flag without traders is speeding up the deletion time of the territory.

3 people like this

But you would still need to keep at least a waste dump trade so players have a source to make money in order to pay for protection, upgrades, and ransoms.

1 person likes this

Advertisement