NukeInMyPantz

Task Force Radio Issue

Question

Has anyone had any success on installing and using TFAR on their Exile server ? If so could you point me in the right direction. I got somewhat far with it but when spawning in it say's "Task Force Radio is not deployed on this server" I tried two way's, one with the module and one without. The one without I got farther with. The long range radio worked but not short range. I did try ACRE2 but with no success.

9 answers to this question

Got it working kind of, LR radios work, I restarted the server and both SR/LR worked but my ammo count disappeared and my xm8 stopped working. From what I have seen it takes a little initiative to get it working properly.

On 10/9/2017 at 8:09 PM, NukeInMyPantz said:

Has anyone had any success on installing and using TFAR on their Exile server ? If so could you point me in the right direction. I got somewhat far with it but when spawning in it say's "Task Force Radio is not deployed on this server" I tried two way's, one with the module and one without. The one without I got farther with. The long range radio worked but not short range. I did try ACRE2 but with no success.

For task force radio, i'm pretty sure you have to place modules in the mission.sqm, and you also have to override, ExileClient_system_thread_initialize and remove onEachFrame {};

i've not used TFR, but those are the things i know about it. 

Advertisement
22 hours ago, StokesMagee said:

For task force radio, i'm pretty sure you have to place modules in the mission.sqm, and you also have to override, ExileClient_system_thread_initialize and remove onEachFrame {};

i've not used TFR, but those are the things i know about it. 

I override ExileClient_system_thread_initialize and onEachFrame for Enhanced Movement. I found a tutorial which I can not find right now by putting some code in the init.sqf made it work by following that tutorial and by doing it this way you don't have to go into the mission editor and place the module which I did at first but did not work. most likely I did something that made it not work. Each restart makes one thing work and another not work. At first long range radios work and short range radios do not. Ammo count disappears and by pressing 6 the xm8 doesn't not show. I have not found much info on how to get it to work properly. It would be very nice to have TFAR to have some fun and realism. Thank you @StokesMagee for the info. 

Spoiler

// Call TFAR settings
if (isServer) then {
    tf_radio_channel_name = "XXX";
    publicVariable "tf_radio_channel_name";
    tf_radio_channel_password = "XXX2";
    publicVariable "tf_radio_channel_password";
};
//TFAR - Task Force Radio - ChannelCheck:
[] spawn
{
private["_ChannelName","_ServerName","_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled"];
sleep 15;
while{true}do
{
_ChannelName = call TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakChannelName;
_ServerName = call TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakServerName;
_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled = call TFAR_fnc_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled;
_DarfNixSehen = false;

_WhiteListedChannels = ["XXX3"];
if(_ServerName != "XXX4" )then{_DarfNixSehen = true;};
if(!(_ChannelName in _WhiteListedChannels))then{_DarfNixSehen = true;};
if(!_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled)then{_DarfNixSehen = true;};
if(_DarfNixSehen) then{cutText["XXX5 ","BLACK FADED"];}
else{cutText ["","PLAIN"];};
sleep 3;
};
};

This maybe ? The above code goes in your init.sqf - I don't take responsibilty if this fucks your server over. I haven't tried it with Exile so make a backup before you do anything.

Edit these:
xxx = Channel Name to move
xxx2 = PW
xxx3 = Whitelisted Channels
xxx4 = Teamspeak Server Name
xxx5 = Message to the player

Also Edit: "class BambiSettings" loadOut in your exile_server_config.pbo and swap the "ItemRadio" to "tf_anprc152"

Edited by MetalHead
1 person likes this

22 hours ago, MetalHead said:
  Reveal hidden contents

// Call TFAR settings
if (isServer) then {
    tf_radio_channel_name = "XXX";
    publicVariable "tf_radio_channel_name";
    tf_radio_channel_password = "XXX2";
    publicVariable "tf_radio_channel_password";
};
//TFAR - Task Force Radio - ChannelCheck:
[] spawn
{
private["_ChannelName","_ServerName","_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled"];
sleep 15;
while{true}do
{
_ChannelName = call TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakChannelName;
_ServerName = call TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakServerName;
_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled = call TFAR_fnc_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled;
_DarfNixSehen = false;

_WhiteListedChannels = ["XXX3"];
if(_ServerName != "XXX4" )then{_DarfNixSehen = true;};
if(!(_ChannelName in _WhiteListedChannels))then{_DarfNixSehen = true;};
if(!_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled)then{_DarfNixSehen = true;};
if(_DarfNixSehen) then{cutText["XXX5 ","BLACK FADED"];}
else{cutText ["","PLAIN"];};
sleep 3;
};
};

This maybe ? The above code goes in your init.sqf - I don't take responsibilty if this fucks your server over. I haven't tried it with Exile so make a backup before you do anything.

Edit these:
xxx = Channel Name to move
xxx2 = PW
xxx3 = Whitelisted Channels
xxx4 = Teamspeak Server Name
xxx5 = Message to the player

Also Edit: "class BambiSettings" loadOut in your exile_server_config.pbo and swap the "ItemRadio" to "tf_anprc152"

@MetalHead Thank you, everything appears to be working. At first short-range did not work long range did work and XM8 also worked. Left the server and came back in and everything worked. Restarted the server and everything worked, Committed suicide and wen't back to my body and neither radio worked. Reloaded TFAR in TS didn't work. Restarted the server and everything worked. I really wanted this to work, thank you @MetalHead very much!

@NukeInMyPantz Happy it worked out for you. I haven't used it on Exile but I did run it on another mod without problems. :)

1 person likes this

@MetalHead Only other issue I am having that is not related to TFAR is IgiLoad. I tried a few different way's to add more vehicles to it but no luck. I looked at the comments from IgiLoad Taru pod and have found nothing to help resolve my problem. I have R3F which is nice but I liked the way igiLoad works but don't like how it's a pain in the but to add vehicles to it. If I don't find any info on how to add vehicles to it, I might make a post asking if anyone knows how.

Igiload.sqf appears to have all the vehicles covered unless your trying to add vehicles from a third party mod etc. o.O

2 hours ago, MetalHead said:

Igiload.sqf appears to have all the vehicles covered unless your trying to add vehicles from a third party mod etc. o.O

@MetalHead I did try to install CUP vehicles into IgiLoad quite a few times and did it like the dev did and it did not work. I use R3F with CUP Vehicles to load crates from DMS & Occupation missions plus a few more. I really liked how IgiLoad loads the crates but since I have not found a way to add third party mods to IgiLoad I un-installed IgiLoad for now.

Advertisement