Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CampyMcTent

Losing a locked chopper after a day off.

7 posts in this topic

I just started on Exile, played Arma 2 DayZ and Epoch back then. Anyway, I bought a chopper that cost me the skin of my a$$ 2 days ago and made sure it was well locked before I logged off. Now it's completely gone. Can people destroy locked vehicles? If they can it's disappointing ... what's the point in buying them then? Who wants to waste 40k for fun? I remember when I played on Epoch servers you'd get kicked if you hurt a locked vehicle.

Advertisement

Exile has the option to pick the lock with a knife. They could have got lucky and made a nice profit at the waste dump.

also if the vehicle was at the trader they could of had it so vehicles unlock at restart in trader areas.

if you are on a pvp server dont get attached to anything as players will steal it.

if you are playing on a pve server and you bought a 40k heli you could of bought a 5 k territory flag so you vic can be placed at your base.

also this is arma 3 so makes it that little bit harder and more lifelike not like arma 2, also you said you played arma2 dayz so you should know then

Some Exile servers also have the thermal scanners too so someone could have scanned/guessed your PIN and taken the heli that way....

Suffice to say, there's lots of ways you could have lost your heli. I also played Overpoch PvP and I lost my Chinook plenty of times when I wasn't on the server from bored pricks roaming around with an armed SUV.

I always had the policy to never buy something I cared about that I couldn't properly secure from opportunistic pricks.

To sum up what all they said and did NOT say (3 - 10):

1- It could have been stolen via knife.

2 - It could have been stolen by thermal scanner.

3 - You could have parked it in a safe zone which (by default) unlocks vehicles on restart and it was stolen.

4 - You might have THOUGHT you locked it (hit your lock key twice for example).

5 - You have a family member who is a 'spy' and sold it.

6 - You have a family member who took it and crashed it.

7 - It could have exploded upon server restart by being parked too close to objects.  (ARMA spawns in facing 0 degrees then rotates to proper degree)

8 - It could have exploded upon server restart by being parked on ARMA floors (wood, cement. etc.).

9 - Someone could have used an explosive device, vehicle, or a weapon and blew it up.

10 - Someone could have used a vehicle and 'pushed it' into the water/sea/ocean.

And it would not surprise me the find that there are some other ways to 'be done with it' too, besides the one I have listed.

You must protect your vehicles or they can and will be 'missing'. 

What methods work in epoch will work in Exile as well.  As well as good ole common sense too!  ;)

See:

https://www.google.com/search?q=arma+protect+vehicle+epoch+youtube

https://www.google.com/search?q=arma+protect+vehicle+exile+youtube

:)

2 people like this

Well thanks for the relevant answers mates. Guess I won't be buying a chopper or a good car until I build myself a base.

Advertisement