Krycyk

Working Exile server became dead after 1.78

Question

Hello everyone! I've been running a small private Exile server, running on Altis map. Running on Windows 7. Everything was working perfectly, until 1.78 update came out. Since that patch server doesn't work anymore, it's crashing after few seconds from "Dedicated host created" message in a window. Database is up and running though.

What I've tried already:

• disabled mods
  • removed all of PBOs from @ExileServer\addons except Exile's PBOs

Still getting same result.

RPT log on non-modded version: https://pastebin.com/SXVgL9jy 

Same crash ending at the modded version though.

Any ideas? I didn't made any changer to a server for a few weeks, it's been working without any issues. Other kinds of Arma missions like Insurgency are working fine.

Edited by Krycyk

5 answers to this question

Having the same issue. It's crashing after read mission. No errors in RPT and not using netlog. If I sit there and keep starting it, about 1 of 10 times it wont crash. It was working fine pre-update so not a mission issue.

Edited by Blake2394

Advertisement

Mine only crashes at shutdown , taskkill cant see it the arma3server.exe runs with 0 cpu usage.. I can manually click ok and it will kill it .. but can't find a automated process that will kill the crashed exe
revision -
Ok I found a batch file for powershell to restart the server that fixes the problem .. this startup file fixes the crash on #shutdown , I use infistar to shutdown and restart , when it gave the #shudown command , since 1.78 it cause the server to crash and not allow the arma3server.exe to close .. this shuts down the server just a couple mins before the shutdown command is given ..and kills the task .. the server then restarts as it should... of course this is for a dedicated box , not a hosting company .. so it may not work with your hosting solution.

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

On 03.12.2017 at 0:54 AM, stefan.kueneth said:

Hello KryCyk, try without the -netlog parameter and all will be fine ;-)

Thx for info, after removing -netlog server is starting up but there's another problem.

On every loading server gives a message "Addon sk_pond_50x requires addon CAData". Why?

Edited by Krycyk

1 hour ago, Krycyk said:

Thx for info, after removing -netlog server is starting up but there's another problem.

On every loading server gives a message "Addon sk_pond_50x requires addon CAData". Why?

Thats CBA .. its a little broke from the updates as well .. they are testing a fix .. and will post as soon as its ready 

Advertisement