Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
General_Jacob

Hide Terrain (trees, grass, bushes)

Question

Hey guys, 

Like the title says I want to hide trees and things in areas that I put buildings, but I need to be able to do so in the shape of either rectangles or ellipses. 

Initially I was given this by Wurstkette, who has been a huge help, but it only hides in the shape of circles:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

_location=[X,Y,Z];
_objects=["TREE", "SMALL TREE", "BUSH", "FOREST BORDER", 
"FOREST TRIANGLE", "FOREST SQUARE", "BUNKER", "FORTRESS", "QUAY", 
 "HIDE", "FOREST",  "STACK", "TOURISM", "WATERTOWER", "ROCK", "ROCKS"];
_radius=10; //radius in meters
_terrainobjects=nearestTerrainObjects [_location,_objects,_radius]; {hideObjectGlobal _x} foreach _terrainobjects;

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Can anyone help me make them ellipses or rectangles? It would be a massive help. 

Also I am trying to do grass too. I dont know if its as simple as putting "GRASS" in that list, but if anyone knows another way let me know. Thats the only thing I havent actually tried to do yet. 

8 answers to this question

Why another thread?

The function with marker wasn't working properly, there is a way to do but tbh, it's a pain in the ass. 

WAY simpler is, to either place gamelogic in editor for hide objects (ellipses/rectangles allowed) or place small zones with small radius (more work, less acurate) script sided

Edited by WURSTKETTE

I found it easier to just go into the 3den editor, and just hide the object (or objects) that way.  I haven't had a problem doing it that way yet.

Advertisement

try this

_location=[X,Y,Z];
_radius=10; //radius in meters
_list = nearestObjects [_location,[],_radius]; {if (typeOf _x == "") then {hideObjectGlobal _x}} count _list;

This will delete everything that isn't Equal to a classname in a radius, eg: flies, bushes trees ect.

@WURSTKETTE and everyone thanks for the responses. 

There are two main reasons for this subsequent thread:

1) when I place hide terrain markers in the editor they do not export across properly and never actually work. If there is a simple guide for this please link me because I never found one.

2) I adapted that initial code to work for most circumstances but I never got the ellipse to work. I will mess with the game logic marker more to see what I can get working but so far I havent had any luck other than just the provided code above and the server.sqf

Ellipse will not work the way i thought, cuz  of only radius recognized.

I'll link you something when back at home.

thanks @WURSTKETTE I've been having some trouble with this for awhile. The people that are editing the map could really use several ellipses so that would be a massive help. 

Not really step by step but this should explain how it works out:

Take the mission.sqm out of your Exile.MAPNAME.pbo, place it into:

C:\Users\WINDOWSUSERNAME\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions (You might wanna create a folder, for example WURSTKETTE.Altis and put it in there to find it easier)

Open Arma/Editor - open the Missionfile.

Start at the green circle, place the logic on your map - double click it - choose "Transformation": radius/direction/size and "System": the type of objects you want to be removed - press ok.

BhWmkcG.png

uUisJts.jpg

Save your mission file and pack it back into your *.pbo, upload to server.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

@WURSTKETTE I think I love you. 

The above 100% worked. I tried it like that a few times myself but I must have done something just a bit wrong. Thanks again, as always.

Advertisement