Hunter21

Noob needs help with Fuel Canisters

Question

Hello people. I am a complete noob to the whole creating missions and servers etc. (So please go easy on me). As i've only started with the whole creating thing, I'm only using 3DEN in Arma3 to create. I'm just messing about for now but I came across an Issue in which I cant find the Empty/Full Fuel canisters to us in your Inventory etc. All the Fuel Canisters I load in are "Props". Can't interact with them.

As I said I am a complete noob so please go easy

Cheers in advance

Hunter21

6 answers to this question

If you're trying to give yourself the canisters give yourself poptabs in the database or admin menu and buy them.

Hey DillPickle, Cheers for the reply. 

Ill give it a go when I get home from work. Cheers

Advertisement

Hey there can you define exactly what you're trying to do and I will probably be able to help you? Otherwise if it's in generalities the chances of me being able to help you are pretty slim. Give me an example of what you're trying to do.

47 minutes ago, GamersRoost said:

Hey there can you define exactly what you're trying to do and I will probably be able to help you? Otherwise if it's in generalities the chances of me being able to help you are pretty slim. Give me an example of what you're trying to do.

Ok so I'm using 3den editor to create a mission for me and my friends. The mission should last 6or7 hours and I just wish to add in Jerry cans to refuel trucks and vans. But I can't find the exile_item_fuelCanisterFull/Empty files

14 minutes ago, Hunter21 said:

Ok so I'm using 3den editor to create a mission for me and my friends. The mission should last 6or7 hours and I just wish to add in Jerry cans to refuel trucks and vans. But I can't find the exile_item_fuelCanisterFull/Empty files

Oh ok. That makes a lot of sense.
You may need to script that so when looking at an object (let's say the prop jerry can in this case) you can scroll to "get Jerry can" or something.
How would that work for your purpose?

20 hours ago, GamersRoost said:

Oh ok. That makes a lot of sense.
You may need to script that so when looking at an object (let's say the prop jerry can in this case) you can scroll to "get Jerry can" or something.
How would that work for your purpose?

Aw thank you so much. 

I'll give that a go tonight. Thanks for your help pal. 

Advertisement