Warmonger

Exile Hud/UI issue - Half off-screen

Question

Ever since I've been playing on ArmA 3 Exile servers, the Exile Hud/UI always seems to be located to the bottom left area of the screen with half of it off-screen. I've been messing around with the video options, finding really no way to fix it. I can somewhat fix by changing UI scale, but it still shows to the left and it really bothers my eyes when I put to a small size. Any help towards a solution is heavily appreciated.

20180415013013_1.jpg

7 answers to this question

Hi @Warmonger, can you advise the resolution you have the game set to as well as the UI scale setting you have used to get the above screenshot?

12 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

Hi @Warmonger, can you advise the resolution you have the game set to as well as the UI scale setting you have used to get the above screenshot?

Already had this just in-case someone would request this. I've said earlier that the smaller UI tends to bother my eyes so I'm pretty sure scaling down the UI isn't the best way to resolve this.

20180415013025_1.jpg

20180415013403_1.jpg

Advertisement

There is, at least was, a setting for your statusbar to offset it from center, my preference was 2 items (players and restart time) in bottom right corner under normal exile UI

@Warmonger After seeing those settings and comparisons, I agree, this appears to just be the status bar misconfigured. I'm also wondering what happened to the Exile food/water status however?  Is that non-existent on the server you are playing on or just not on screen?

5 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

@Warmonger After seeing those settings and comparisons, I agree, this appears to just be the status bar misconfigured. I'm also wondering what happened to the Exile food/water status however?  Is that non-existent on the server you are playing on or just not on screen?

The food and water status are represented by the green eating utensils (food) and the blue drop of liquid (water) which both are between the lock and iron cross symbols.

Also, I managed to fix it by setting the video settings to fullscreen with a resolution of 1920x1080, plus setting UI scale to small along with a restart, causing the Exile UI to be centered. Guess I can call this problem solved for now.

The reason I suggested 1920x1080 is that most likely the status bar sqf is using fixed positioning for its placement, which means it will break at different resolutions. (1920x1080 being most popular) I think positioning via safezones?? would fix this 

Advertisement