Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Avoh

MOTD, Auto-Restart, Difficulty Settings issues.

Question

(Second post about this, not sure which section it really belongs in. Original - http://www.exilemod.com/topic/2696-motd-auto-restart-difficulty-settings-issues/)

I'm looking for some assistance with some odd server issues and with finding a location to change the type of difficulty settings exile will use instead of just presets.

1: My server seems to be experiencing selective config.cfg syndrome?

Changes I make to the hostname, passwordAdmin, ServerCommandPassword, maxPlayers, etc, will have an actual effect and change the way the server runs. Specifically, my MOTD outright refuses to play for anyone.

*CURRENT FORMAT*

motdInterval                         = 5;

motd[]                                 = {"Welcome to Gaming Allstars", "Read the server rules in your XM8" };

2: I've been having to manually restart my server for the past several days, looking for more information on how automatic restarting is supposed to work via the config.cpp from server_config.pbo. Using the format below, my server also refuses to play any kind of restart warning for the server. Not sure if I've done something wrong here... --- This is another "selective syndrome" type file. Changes to time, weather, autolock, VehicleSpawn, etc, all work perfectly fine. Anything related to autokick, autorestart, and warning messages is 100% broken.

*CURRENT FORMAT*

serverPassword = "x-x-x"; (censored, same as in config.cfg serverCommandPassword)

useAutoLock = 0;

restartAutoLock = 3;

restartTimer[] = {8, 0};

useAutoKick = 1;

kickTime = 2;

useRestartMessages = 1;

restartWarrningTime[] = {30, 20, 10, 5};

3: Looking for where exile actually stores its difficulty presets, "ExileRegular, ExileHardcore", and if they're editable.

4 answers to this question

For #1 i dont exactly know what could be causing this, and all we know a well done fresh install doesnt have this issue.

For #2 We use windows task scheduler with a bat that kills the server and restarts it. (including params and bec) and you can use bec scheduler for restart messages, i also heard about a fix for the exile restart messages but dont know exactly what that was.

For #3 I have seen it somewhere as soon as i found it ill let you know :)

Ah here we have it in your servers config.cfg @exileserver

class Missions
{
    class Exile
    {
        template = Exile.Altis;
        difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
    }; 
};

Advertisement

class Exile
    {
        template = Exile.Altis;
        difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
    }; 
};

Thx for the info, for this part I was looking more for the detailed version of the difficulty to edit. (friendly/enemy tags, etc)

As far as #1, "any" idea what could be causing it? My understanding is that the only file that really handles all that is the... "vanilla", I guess... version of the config. We run mas1.10, exile 9.20, latest rhs, a3xai, dms missions, etc, but nothing I've seen should effect it. It's especially weird since it'll actually use parts of my config but not others.

so for #2, is that entire rcon section basically pointless then? Disappointing <.<

Advertisement