Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ka0s

Very & Extremely Rare loot

8 posts in this topic

So I had this idea, to add a weapon mod, however I would take out most of the weapons from the trader so they aren't buyable, but you can only sell them for a high amount of Pop Tabs and respect in reward. 

How would this be done if possible?

It is possible. I have done this on my server.

The files you need to edit are

the exile server config.cpp < this contains the loot table / spawn locations

the mission file config.cpp < this contains the trader information

Probably be a huge wall of text to explain it here, but read through those files and see if they make sense, if not come back and ask questions but the devs, god bless them have made their code very very easy to understand.

Advertisement

It is possible. I have done this on my server.

The files you need to edit are

the exile server config.cpp < this contains the loot table / spawn locations

the mission file config.cpp < this contains the trader information

Probably be a huge wall of text to explain it here, but read through those files and see if they make sense, if not come back and ask questions but the devs, god bless them have made their code very very easy to understand.

Thanks. 

However the loot I'm doing will not spawn in normal loot tables, they're only added in mission loot. 

How would I add an item to a trader? 

Note items may not be buyable, they can only be selled. How do I do that exactly? 

First you have to add the weapons to the config.cpp in the mission file.  Now am not fully sure how to add them to be sold only.  Am thinking maybe set the price to 0. I think that will allow them to not be bought.  But wiuld have to look more info the config to see how to set the sell price.  

Ok, so

In the config.cpp within the mission file you will see lines like this -

class arifle_MX_SW_Black_F                        { quality = 2; price = 1000; };
    class arifle_MX_SW_F                            { quality = 2; price = 1000; };

This is where the items value is determined IE an item with a value here will be able to be purchased or sold HOWEVER

For the item to be actually seen in the trader menu for purchasing it needs to be here under the correct trader class for example -

class AssaultRifles
    {
        name = "Assault Rifles";
        icon = "a3\ui_f\data\gui\Rsc\RscDisplayArsenal\itemacc_ca.paa";
        items[] = 
        {
            "CUP_arifle_M16A2",
            "CUP_arifle_AK74",
            "CUP_arifle_AKS74U",

So, if you want a weapon to be sellable but not buyable, put it in the first list (under the correct heading), but don't put the corresponding class name in the trader class.

If you want weapons just in mission crates, ull need to be more specific on which mission you are using?

Edited by John

Ok, so

In the config.cpp within the mission file you will see lines like this -

class arifle_MX_SW_Black_F                        { quality = 2; price = 1000; };
    class arifle_MX_SW_F                            { quality = 2; price = 1000; };

This is where the items value is determined IE an item with a value here will be able to be purchased or sold HOWEVER

For the item to be actually seen in the trader menu for purchasing it needs to be here under the correct trader class for example -

class AssaultRifles
    {
        name = "Assault Rifles";
        items[] = 
        {
            "CUP_arifle_M16A2",
            "CUP_arifle_AK74",
            "CUP_arifle_AKS74U",

So, if you want a weapon to be sellable but not buyable, put it in the first list (under the correct heading), but don't put the corresponding class name in the trader class.

If you want weapons just in mission crates, ull need to be more specific on which mission you are using?

Thanks! 

So if I avoid putting the class names into trader class, weapons won't be buyable, if I understand this correctly?

However if I add the weapons under class Assaultrifles they'll be sellable but not buyable? If so how do I define the value of the actual weapon?

class AssaultRifles
    {
        name = "Assault Rifles";
        items[] = 
        {
            "CUP_arifle_M16A2",
            "CUP_arifle_AK74",
            "CUP_arifle_AKS74U",

When weapons are added there, they'll be sellable?  

Got me a bit confused here :)

Other way around

Add them to the class class CfgExileArsenal but NOT to the trader class. =) So add them here -

Other way around

Add them to the class class CfgExileArsenal but NOT to the trader class. =) So add them here -

Alright, I'll add a few weapons and test it out, 

I'll get back to you if it's messed up ^_^

Thanks for the help! :)

Advertisement