Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
[YATTA|DK]Mo-Hoo

Metal floors/reinforcement upgradeable floors

Question

Hi.

I know it might be a niche that we are few to enjoy but ever since arma 2 dayz epoch I have enjoyed the cessnas in spite of their utter uselessness. I was thrilled to see that these were implemented in exile as well - at least I assume they are in the vanilla version, as I have seen them on every server I have ever joined - but sad to find out that metal floors are not available. Back in the arma 2 epoch days my friends and I have spend many hours on every base we built creating a functioning airstrip from floors. 

My recent attempts to do this in exile have led me to find that the physics of the wooden floor in exile is like the one in arma 2 epoch. The cessna can be brought to a very abrupt landing as it sinks into the floor but is not able to take off from the wooden floor for the same reason.

In epoch we found that building metal floors would fix this problem as the cessna did not sink into this and built up speed during takeoff just fine.

One solution could be to make it possible to reinforce the wooden floors. Is this a feature that is planned?

I have tried to build a wall using physics and let it fall over and the reinforce it but it is hopeless to place more walls precisely enough next to each other using this method. Do you plan to add the possibility to tilt walls in a controlled manner?

regards Mo-Hoo

1 answer to this question

but it is hopeless to place more walls precisely enough next to each other using this method.

Use snapping.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0