snipercymraeg

Waiting for server to load

Question

I installed AI Missions and everything was fine, then after some reason it was taking players up to 30 minutes to log back in and I was stuck on 'waiting for server to load'.  Also there were unscheduled restarts.

So I opened a ticket and was told that it was because of the ai missions and they suggested I take them out.

To cut a long story short I reinstalled the game services, reinstalled exile banana and the patch and infistar.

Starts the server up and what do I get... waiting for server to load... and players get a black screen.

I don't think it's the Exile guys fault I'm pretty sure it's the hosting company.

i just opened a ticket and said so what is it this time and he said your ticket is still open please respond to that ticket, but it was the same person who replied to my original ticket.

Think I'm gonna give up.

Nick

7 answers to this question

Hi,

Well I would if I could, a member of GTX staff cam ingame and we had a chat and bascially he said "something not right do you want to move to another machine ?"

So that's what we have done, we couldn't get ingame for like 30 minutes after a restart and he said it usually takes "10 minutes on an Exile server" so that's why they moved us.  Also he said we  were having sudden restarts because of the AI missions, anyway when he switched machines for us they installed DMS.

Thanks again and if you need to more let me know,

Nick

The "Waiting for server to load" happens to me too. I usually just wait 10 minutes before joining.
I don't think it's caused by the AI/mission addons.

If you've set the server to auto-lock (I think it's in your server config files) then the server will unlock itself when it's ready/100% loaded.

Edited by DY357LX

Advertisement

Please share you server rpt file to something like pastbin.  We can then view/review

I  am not my server database guy, but our missions seem to work fine, only issue i get is logging in before 5 minutes of server up time creates a loss of all gear.

also have your server set to a max of 3 hours, set to 4 it seems to glitch world spawned vehicles.

Hi,

Yes they suggested a new mission system and they installed it for us when they moved us to a new machine because it was taking about 30 minutes to log back in after a restart also there were unscheduled restarts.

Seems to be running ok at the moment.

Nick

Advertisement