Brun

recent hacks protecting against hacks

Have you been hacked in the last 7 days ?   20 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been hacked in the last 7 days ?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

in the last week due to the arma sale and i assume school holidays there has been quite a few attacks where the offender kills everyone on the server using another player as proxy which can make it difficult to identity the true hacker in a large server.

Is there any effective defense from this or are we at the mercy of BIS to try to resolve these particular hacks ?

Running latest infistar and tight battleeye filters seems to help but there are obviously some which are getting through.

Unfortunately, that is all we can do as of now, an active admin team who can monitor, watch and ban is all you can do. 

On my server, I've set up rewards where if people find and prove a hacker has breached i reward them with in game items to say thanks. 

More physical eyes on the situation always helps.

Edited by William =D

Advertisement

It's like having an anti virus. It isn't going to be 100% effective. Just have to catch them in the best way possible and thats with your own eyes. They will go away soon

May be a Joint EXILE only Ban list should start? So that old hackers who have learnt the good side can still play, but new or re-occurring threats get stomped out.

i personally just keep an eye on the logs and also what players report. 

May be a Joint EXILE only Ban list should start? So that old hackers who have learnt the good side can still play, but new or re-occurring threats get stomped out.

i personally just keep an eye on the logs and also what players report. 

Joint ban lists never work because of the ability to abuse it.

The most recent attack, we observed that in infistar player list and ESP the person was not visible but when they used side chat we were able to identify through rcon the player doing the attack.

Perhaps there is a sqf script that could be written based on the above observations to identify also

PS if Chris from Infistar reads this i still have the logs from the time if you believe it would help at all.to see them.

Edited by Brun
1 person likes this

The most recent attack, we observed that in infistar player list and ESP the person was not visible but when they used side chat we were able to identify through rcon the player doing the attack.

Perhaps there is a sqf script that could be written based on the above observations to identify also

PS if Chris from Infistar reads this i still have the logs from the time if you believe it would help at all.to see them.

Keep the logs, im sure he would like to see them.

Nothing is truly secure. The best option would be to have staff around to ban these cheaters (as of right now). The developers of Exile may want to work on an anti-cheat system to help prevent cheating. (Such as the Altis Life Spyglass system)

I think having a global ban list would be great in this situation.

Instead of writing a novel on this trying to explain it I decided to make a 'diagram' to show you.

BeyRZ07QTJ.png

PS: Yes, I know I'm the next Bob Ross. ;)

Edited by trdwll

Exile is written with security in mind in the first place, but when server admins add stuff to their servers without full knowledge of what they're doing, they can often open their server up to hacks, such as adding additional addactions, menus and exaggerated whitelisting in BE filters such as !"script.sqf" 

Advertisement