Ghostrider-DBD

Receiving server version

Question

I know there is a simple fix for the situation wherein the client hangs at Recieving server version and it was in the old forums somewhere and I am thinking it has to do with MySQL settings but could be wrong.

Does anyone recall what the fix was ?

Thanks,

Ghost

19 answers to this question

what startparameter you use i have the same i delete the -loadMissionToMemory and -malloc and use you infi??

and its works now

Edited by ReMuS

Advertisement

These work on my test server but not on a new dedicated server I am configuring. I figure I left out a step in configuring MySQL. Anyways, here are my start up parameters. I use the stock -malloc as we had issues with game crashes using others.

start "arma3" "arma3server.exe"  "-servermod=@ExileServer;@infiSTAR_servermod" "-mod=@Exile"  -config=E:\Arma3Server\ESC\config.cfg  -port=2302 -profiles=ESC -cfg=E:\Arma3Server\ESC\basic.cfg -name=ESC -autoInit

Method 1:
Open the "my.ini" file within the MySQL installation directory and look for something like...
# Set the SQL mode to strict
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Replace with:
# Set the SQL mode to strict
sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Method 2:
You may be able to run an SQL query within your database management tool such as phpMyAdmin which can normally be found from your web hosting control panel:
SET @@global.sql_mode= '';

I have the same issue where users become stuck on "Receiving Server Version" as well. However I have used the SET @@global.sql_mode= '';

This has not fixed the issue though, I am still having everyone stuck at "Receiving Server Version". I have tried numerous other ideas as to fixing the issue such as moving files and modifying my launch parameters.

Here is my launch parameters: -ip=103.231.91.50 -port=2422 -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2048 -exThreads=7 "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" "-config=A3DS\config.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS\Profiles" -world=empty -mod=@Exile -autoinit -servermod=@ExileServer

Here is the information in the most recent RPT file from the server: http://pastebin.com/bKwaBAqH

The OS for the server is Windows I believe (Based on the fact there are .dll files present on the server). My server is not a dedicated box, it is just virtual hosting through Wombat Servers.

Any help would be appreciated, as I have been at this for almost two weeks and still no fix that has successfully got my server up and running.

@Assasinator, if you are still stuck, read the excellent tutorial linked below. If you follow the instructions for configuring MySQL step by step your server should start up correctly the first time. The trick for me was realizing that the my.ini that must be edited is in the hidden folder C:\Program Data, and that one must stop then restart the MySQL service. All of this is covered in the tutorial.

Advertisement