12 posts in this topic

ACD_ORS - ACiDy allow Only Random Spawn

Version 0.2 for @ExileServer 0.9.20b

acd_ors.thumb.jpg.0b9f96992b3f485af8175e

Features:

• Hides all spawn locations and allows only to choose Random
  • Map does not show actual spawn location

Installation:

1. Copy folder overwrites from mpmissions\Exile.anymap to your Exile mission pbo
  2. Edit section CfgExileCustomCode inside config.cpp of your Exile mission pbo to include path to overwrite:
    class CfgExileCustomCode 
    {
     ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_show = "overwrites\exile_client\code\ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_show.sqf";
    };
  3. profit

Notice

Follow installation instructions @GitHub: https://github.com/d4n1ch/acd_ORS/blob/master/README.md 

GitHub: https://github.com/d4n1ch/acd_ORS 

DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/d4n1ch/acd_ORS/archive/master.zip 

Edited by [x] iDanich
2 people like this

This is good, as its a problem (in my opinion...) that they just build bases close by a jump area and then keep on coming back to base again and again in a base fight situation. This will make dying some more importance and hopefully then creates more roleplay when have to try get along ?

Advertisement

sorry for the nooby question, im still learning :) but does this spawn you randomly on the map like literally anywhere, or does it just spawn you randomly chosen location from the set spawnzones in the mission.sqm  file

On 23.12.2015 at 11:03 AM, Diggz said:

sorry for the nooby question, im still learning :) but does this spawn you randomly on the map like literally anywhere, or does it just spawn you randomly chosen location from the set spawnzones in the mission.sqm  file

Script not modifies spawn locations just hides them from the list. Also there is no need to create spawn location in mission.sqm file you could just create a specific type marker with any name using sqf.

It is possible to create a script which will generate absolutely random locations limited to any number say 50 so it will create 50 markers named "spawn_(number)" and use this script to hide names and select random.

On 25/12/2015 at 6:33 AM, [x] iDanich said:

It is possible to create a script which will generate absolutely random locations limited to any number say 50 so it will create 50 markers named "spawn_(number)" and use this script to hide names and select random.

this would be great as i dont want set spawn locations at all, ide much rather have random spawn locations so that people couldnt just die and spawn in the closest location to their body, do you have this script you speak of?

3 minutes ago, Diggz said:

this would be great as i dont want set spawn locations at all, ide much rather have random spawn locations so that people couldnt just die and spawn in the closest location to their body, do you have this script you speak of?

No, I do not have it. I was speaking hypothetically. It is possible though. In fact i am making a similar script as part of AI missions project. Script will create multiple map markers which are far enough from each other and all other map markers and nothing prevents me from changing type of that markers to ExileSpawn.

sounds cool :) keep me posted as its definitely im interested in if your up for sharing it

2 minutes ago, Diggz said:

sounds cool :) keep me posted as its definitely im interested in if your up for sharing it

I will update this thread and make script to be configurable so it would allow to turn this function ON or OFF.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Diggz said:

great.. :)

The only issue which is bothering me a little is that some scripts like DMS are searching for positions excluding spawn locations and if there will be too many spawn markers it won't find any suitable safe location for a mission but i suppose it could be configured to exclude spawn locations from blacklisting.

Advertisement