S

Custom Buildings from Arma2

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right category - pardon if it isn't. I'm relatively new to operating Arma3 Servers and i'm currently customizing my Chernarus server using Maca's 3D Editor to place custom buildings and items.

I just can't seem to find the Arma2 like Buildings which you can already find on Chernarus itself. Like the Barracks, Firestation, Hospital Buildings, Grocery Stores and other military buildings? (here are some example pictures, so you know what i'm talking about)

I guess they are not ported to Arma3 by Bohemia itself, but i coulnd't find any information regarding that.

So my question: Is there a way to add them to my server? (like using a .pbo file?)

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

they should be in one of the structure menus, if you have AiA addon loaded.

They are not. If i just copy paste the existing buildings on the map it shows a blank name. But i guess that works?

Yes, only run those addons when you are adding the objects. Remove them when on the actual server.

Removing them, and you no longer see it on the client side, all players must have them loaded or they wont see them, objects from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6194 wont show for clients, even with AiA added. Roads, rocks etc wont show only for me as I have the addon enabled.  

@Aggro I would blame the way the objected are being referenced. I'm not sure if they need to conform to the way they were referenced when building the terrain, or if they can be referenced in a standard fashion. I want to assume the latter, but let's be honest, this is Arma. ;)

Also, it depends on how they are being called by the server. I am assuming that you are placing these custom objects into either initserver.sqf or initplayerlocal.sqf, if that isn't the case, then there's the problem. If your using initserver (which I recommend at least for gas pumps) don't forget to uncomment the #include initserver.sqf line in initplayerlocal.sqf

TLDR; contact the esseker devs and ask if u can get their library layout somehow. Or attempt to reference the objects by hand in the sqf file it spits out, using a standard all in arma reference ex. /buildings/house_y

Also roads, no, just no; don't even try it, it won't work, they are such a pain in the ass and not only that, to my knowledge can only be called from the terrain itself, meaning you couldn't modify it without access to the source files for Esseker. (roads located in /terrain_name/data/roads/roads.shp)

Advertisement