Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John

Question RE map editing

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So, I want to apocalypse up altis a bit, put roadblocks and objects all over the place, however I do not want to hurt server or player FPS so I want to initialize them locally, like the traders are done.

Is it possible to do this, and disable simulation on the objects until a player is within say 2 kilometers? To ensure stable client FPS? 

I intended to piggyback off the initPlayerLocal.sqf and put the objects and there co-ords in their, however I wanted to as stated, make them invisibile to players beyond a certain range so they arent hurting player fps

Im not looking for a "how to" btw, just a yes it can be done and any links or advise on where to start looking. =)

Hi guys,

So, I want to apocalypse up altis a bit, put roadblocks and objects all over the place, however I do not want to hurt server or player FPS so I want to initialize them locally, like the traders are done.

Is it possible to do this, and disable simulation on the objects until a player is within say 2 kilometers? To ensure stable client FPS? 

I intended to piggyback off the initPlayerLocal.sqf and put the objects and there co-ords in their, however I wanted to as stated, make them invisibile to players beyond a certain range so they arent hurting player fps

Im not looking for a "how to" btw, just a yes it can be done and any links or advise on where to start looking. =)

did you ever get it working?

Advertisement