Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John

Preparing for EXILE update, help req

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So in preparation for the new exile (server side) update I am just getting ready. I am a first time server host and I am constantly learning, I have heavily modified my server side files, which is fine however I am looking at advise as to how people implement changes when updating.

My biggest concern, is going to be the batteye filters, I have many additions to the 0.9.20 version of EXLE's battleeye filters, and I understand that when 0.9.30 comes out there will be new filters, but I will need to get my additions in! So, what text editor do you use to do this, surely there is a way that compares the two documents and you can just commit any differences from one into the other??? I know with notepadd++ you can use the compare plugin, but that only goes so far.

Essentially im asking for just some advise with committing differences in two similar documents? :P Currently I noob it out and sit there line by line, old school :D 

I use DiffMerge to compare 2 different files. It's very nice for updating server files/scripts and to see if you are missing a bracket or a comma

1 person likes this

Advertisement

You can also copy all your added exceptions etc into a text file and just copy paste them into the new one when it comes out.

Compare addon for notepad++ is ok also. Takes time though.

Downlaod Compare addon - here

I guess you already have it, but .sqf language addon - here

Edited by iCEtIMed

Advertisement