Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
papahyooie

RCON tools can't connect

Question

Hello all! Thanks for your help in advance.

I have an exile server all set up and running fine. The one thing I can't for the life of me figure out is why NO rcon tools can connect to the server. All I want is to be able to chat ingame without actually firing up A3. I've tried Dart, EPM, battlewarden, MSRcon, no dice on any of them.

I have beserver.cfg placed in <serverroot/battleye> with RconPassword XXXXXXX in it. The rcon password is set in the exile config. Battleeye = 1 set in config.cfg.

I know there has to be something stupid that I'm forgetting, but I ran a arma 2 server for a long time, so I know at least half of what I am doing. Is there something I'm missing? Something that has to be set specifically for arma 3 or exile that's different from arma 2/ dayz? I've been googling for hours and can't find anything that helps.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks everyone! Great game, great community!

9 answers to this question

Okay so I was right... it was something stupid that I missed. For those who find this thread looking for answers, the beserver.cfg needs to be placed in the battleeye folder in the PROFILE folder. So if you use the stock configuration in all the tutorials, I believe the folder is called 'SC'. Within the profile folder, there is a battleye folder. You can put your beserver.cfg there.

I believe you can alternatively add bepath=blahblahblah to your startup script in order to accomplish the same thing.

Cheers!

Why is there no information how to setup rcon for exile? I have been struggling with that for days. Can anyone tell me how i set it up?

Advertisement

Man, I've had a pretty tough time as well.  In fact, I just found out that my BEServer.cfg actually goes in:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arma 3\BattlEye\

Even though I have like 20 other Battle directories.  Once I did that I was able to finally connect using BERCon.exe.  However, I still really have no idea how to get BEC working with a scheduler.xml file for restarting, etc.

Okay so I was right... it was something stupid that I missed. For those who find this thread looking for answers, the beserver.cfg needs to be placed in the battleeye folder in the PROFILE folder. So if you use the stock configuration in all the tutorials, I believe the folder is called 'SC'. Within the profile folder, there is a battleye folder. You can put your beserver.cfg there.

I believe you can alternatively add bepath=blahblahblah to your startup script in order to accomplish the same thing.

Cheers!

Can you give an example of the path to the sc folder on your system? I'm running into the same issue and I'm having issues finding the folder.

Thanks in advance!

On 11/14/2015, 8:09:45, khafir said:

Can you give an example of the path to the sc folder on your system? I'm running into the same issue and I'm having issues finding the folder.

Thanks in advance!

If you followed the tutorials found here for setting up the server then your startup script probably has "-profile = SC" somewhere in it. If this is the case, then there will be a folder called SC in the root of your Arma server directory. So... it's probably going to be something like C:\programfiles x86\steam\steamapps\common\arma 3\SC . Or if you've put the files in a different location, whatever the ROOT folder of your server is, that's where your profile folder will be. If you use a different profile name in your startup script, then substitute SC for the name of your profile. If you don't use a profile, then you will likely need to put the cfg file in the battleye folder that is in the root of the server folder. 

If all else fails, and you don't have a profile folder defined in your startup script, then add -profile = SC to your startup script. After you run the server, it will add this folder to the root of your server folder. It will contain a battleye folder. Put your cfg file there, along with your battleye filters. 

I know this thread is a little old but I am so lost. I hope I can get some help. For the life of me I cannot get RCON to connect to my server. This is not my first game server but it is my first Arma 3 server and I have learned a lot over the last week. My server runs just fine but I can't get connected to RCON no matter what I do. I've defined the same password and port everywhere I can find reference to RCON. I have tried ip address 0.0.0.0 , 127.0.0.1, even my actual server ip address both LAN and WAN all with different ports and I have let all these through my Windows firewall. My connection is LAN so my router shouldn't be blocking anything. When I launch the server I get no errors, BE says it initialized but the BEServer.cfg is not changing indicating it's using it. I have absolutely no idea how to fix this.

I figured it out. I re-read this entire thread and it finally clicked, I was understanding it incorrectly. 

I run into the same problem and can't figure out what i missed:

startparm

Spoiler

"C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\arma3server.exe" -servermod=@ExileServer;@infiSTAR_Exile;@AdvancedRappelling;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling; -mod=@Exile; -port=2302 -config=C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\@ExileServer\config.cfg -BEPath=C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\battleye -profiles=logs -cfg=C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=Exile -malloc=tbb3malloc_bi -autoinit -enableHT -noPause -loadMissionToMemory -high

BEServer.cfg from  C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\battleye\BEServer.cfg

Spoiler

RConPassword mypw
MaxPing 600
RConIP 127.0.0.1
RConPort 2301

Config.cfg from C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\Config.cfg

Spoiler

# This config file is only provided as an example file.
# Edit it to sute your needs.
# For more info on how to edit this file. use the Readme.txt file or visit http://www.ibattle.org/install-and-configure

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Bec]
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Set the ip to your server. normally 127.0.0.1 will be fine.
Ip = 127.0.0.1

# Set the port to the server. default port is 2302
Port = 2301

# Set the path to the BattlEye directory that is currently in use by the server.
BePath = C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\battleye\

# Set the path to your Admins.xml file containing your admins.
Admins = Admins.xml

# Set the path to your Commands.xml file.
Commands = Commands.xml

[Misc]

# Auto run loadbans when ban file(s) changes.
# 1 or True will turn it on.
# 0 or False will turn it off.
# If this parameter is not defined it will use False as default.

AutoLoadBans = True

# Set which type of hacks that will be added to your banlist.
# 0 = none. 1 = GameHack. 2 = Battleye Hack. 3 = both GameHack & Battleye Hack.
# value 3 is set as default if this parameter is not defined.
Ban = 3

# Set the names of your custom ban files, Separate each file with "," (comma): file1.txt, banfile2.txt, newfile.txt
# If you do not use any custom ban files. delete this option or leave this option commented.
# This option will check ban files for changes and automatic do a loadbans file when a file gets changed
# Do not specify the default bans.txt file here.
# BeCustomBanFiles = Bans1.txt, file2.txt, file3.txt

# Set the height & width of Becs console window
ConsoleHeight    = 35
ConsoleWidth    = 165

# Only allow english chars.
AsciiNickOnly = False

# Only allow english chars to be typed on the chat. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.
AsciiChatOnly = False

# If AsciiChatOnly is set True. you can define none english chars that will be accepted.
# You separate each char with a , "note you need to define lower and upper case of the chars."
IgnoreChatChars    = €,£,æ,Æ,ø,Ø,å,Å

# Set the amount of warnings a player will get before kicked. -1 is disabled. 0 instant kick
# 1 == one warning on a bad word. next bad word results in kick
Warnings = 3

# Kick players who has listed chars in their name when they connect
DisallowPlayerNameChars    = {}%§+;:/

# Min length, kicks players who has to short name when they connect.
MinPlayerNameLength    = 3

# Max length, kicks players who has to long name when they connect.
MaxPlayerNameLength    = 30

# Set the name of your Arma3server.exe if it has been renamed from arma3server.exe to something else!
# if the exe has its original name. comment it out.
# DO NOT SET FULL PATH TO THE EXE FILE
# ServerExeName = C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\arma3server.exe

# Set path to the file containing a list of bad words. Note, Warnings must be enabled. 0 or more.
WordFilterFile = BadWords.txt

# Set the path to the file containing whitelisted guids.
# WhiteListFile = WhiteList.txt

# Set custom whitelist kick message. Text must be in ascii letters.  MAX 58 CHARS. BE only does ascii on messages
# WhiteListKickMsg = You are not whitelisted on this server.

# Kick people with offensive names
NickFilterFile = BadNames.txt

# Set the path to the Scheduler.xml file.
Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

# Kick people who are idleing in the lobby, kick will happen after given time, Min time is 90 sec. use 0 to disable this function.
KickLobbyIdlers    = 0

# If enabled. Bec will create separate chat files for each channel along with the main file.
ChatChannelFiles = true

# Set the amount of Normal players who can connect. Set it to -1 to disable it.
# If set to 0 it means only players who are listed in the Admins.xml, (or whatever you call it) will be able to connect to the server.
# Quick Example 1: server can holed 50 players. and you want to reserve 5 slots for admins. then set SlotLimit to 45.
# Quick Example 2: server can holed 50 players. and you want to reserve 5 slots for admins and 5 slots for friends. then set SlotLimit to 40,
# AND edit your admins.xml. ADD in all your frineds guid and remaining data, put them in group example 100. or whatever you feel likt.
# by using this method you can give some of your friends some access to some commands if you like or none.
# in general this is works like .Whitelisting X player slots for admins and friends, while leaving the remaining Y slots for public.
SlotLimit = -1

# Set the message people will get when they try to connect and is not whitelisted. Text must be in ascii letters.
SlotLimitKickMsg = Der Server ist voll! Versuche es erneut..

# The amount of time Bec will wait for the server to start up.
Timeout = 60

[Reporter]
# Reporter account. Fill in the username and password for your reporter account.
# GameHacks, BattlEye Hacks will be reported to a database. all players who connect will also be checked against this database.

# Set the Username for your account
#User =

# Set the Password for your account
#Password =

[ChatRestriction]
# Set max amount of chat lines a player is allowed to send for each channel.
# Going passed the number will result in kick. -1 is disabled, 0 instant kick.
# If the number is higher than 0 players will be sent warnings.

Lobby = -1
Global = -1
Side = -1
Group = -1
Vehicle    = -1
Command    = -1
Commander = -1
Direct = -1

[ChatSpam]

# Set max amount of chat lines per channel allowed within given time frame.
# Set the values to 0 to disable this function(s)

# Quick Example:
# Lobby = 5
# Lobby_Time_Lower = 10
# Lobby_Time_Upper = 15

# If the time between each new chatlines from a player is less than CHANNEL_Time_Lower the spam counter increases by + 1.
# Consider the CHANNEL (Lobby) as the spam counter.
# When a player has (CHANNEL - 1) in spam counting. a warning will be sent to whom it may concern.
# If the time between each new chatline from the player is Greater than CHANNEL_Time_Lower and Less than CHANNEL_Time_Upper the spam counter stay as it is.
# If the time since the last chatline is greater then CHANNEL_Time_Upper the spam counter is reset to 1.
# To get optimal result play around a bit with the values on your server.

Lobby = 0
Lobby_Time_Lower = 0
Lobby_Time_Upper = 0

Global = 0
Global_Time_Lower = 0
Global_Time_Upper = 0

Side = 0
Side_Time_Lower    = 0
Side_Time_Upper    = 0

Group = 0
Group_Time_Lower = 0
Group_Time_Upper = 0

Vehicle    = 0
Vehicle_Time_Lower = 0
Vehicle_Time_Upper = 0

Command = 0
Command_Time_Lower = 0
Command_Time_Upper = 0

Commander = 0
Commander_Time_Lower = 0
Commander_Time_Upper = 0

Direct = 0
Direct_Time_Lower = 0
Direct_Time_Upper = 0

[Heartbeat]
BanFile0 = C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\battleye\bans.txt

I start the server with:

Spoiler

taskkill /im arma3server.exe /f
taskkill /im bec.exe /f

@echo off
cls

set version=1.0.1 "Sweet Potato"
set wat=ArmA 3 Apex 1.62 Exile
set bac=Battleye Extended Controls
set BECpath = C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\BEC\bec.exe -f config.cfg

title %wat% %version% WATCHDOG
cd C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest

color E

:start_bec
echo (%time%) DATABASE ONLINE..., STARTING SERVER...
echo (%time%) %bac% STARTED...
cd /d C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\BEC
start bec.exe -f Config.cfg

:watchdog
echo (%time%) SERVER STARTED...
start "Exile" /wait /high "C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\arma3server.exe" -servermod=@ExileServer;@infiSTAR_Exile;@AdvancedRappelling;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling; -mod=@Exile; -port=2302 -config=C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\@ExileServer\config.cfg -BEPath=C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\battleye -profiles=logs -cfg=C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=Exile -malloc=tbb3malloc_bi -autoinit -enableHT -noPause -loadMissionToMemory -high
echo (%time%) SERVER CLOSED, RESTARTING...

echo.
:start_bec
echo (%time%) %bac% CLOSED, RESTARTING...
cd /d C:\Arma3\a3slavemastertest\BEC
start bec.exe -f Config.cfg
echo (%time%) %bac% STARTED...
goto watchdog

Rcon tools can't connect, BEC is always like: Waiting for Server startup

Thank you for the response but I found another solution to my issue, I just hadn't gotten around to commenting here. 

Advertisement